Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sportbike Track Gear is out!:angryfire:
CT Racing in Cali. They are the west coast Pirelli race tire dealer. Dont know if they will ship to east of the Mississippi. Pirelli has this whole east coast west coast thing going. Sportbiketrackgear would not ship to me out here in the west.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CT Racing in Cali. They are the west coast Pirelli race tire dealer. Dont know if they will ship to east of the Mississippi. Pirelli has this whole east coast west coast thing going. Sportbiketrackgear would not ship to me out here in the west.
Thats my problem. I can see the Mississippi from the end of my block!

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
Have you used these before? I personally didn't have any luck with these...I was really surprised with how little grip they had.

I know where to get the discontinued k449 compound if your interested.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Have you used these before? I personally didn't have any luck with these...I was really surprised with how little grip they had.

I haven't used the superbike pro's. I have used the SC2's they grip like crazy. The pro's are touted to be near their grip level with better wear. I have a few friends who have even raced on them with no complaints about their grip level. You must be pushing really hard on them to have grip complaints.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts

+1 on this! Been riding on Dunlop slicks for a few years, decided to try these out..... I know they are not the same tire.... figured they would be ok, but no, they were not even ok.

These are eerily smooth when the rear brakes free..... but the issue for me is they break free far too early trying to power out of turns. Going back to Dunlop soon.

·
Registered
474 Posts
+1 on this! Been riding on Dunlop slicks for a few years, decided to try these out..... I know they are not the same tire.... figured they would be ok, but no, they were not even ok.

These are eerily smooth when the rear brakes free..... but the issue for me is they break free far too early trying to power out of turns. Going back to Dunlop soon.

+1 Just threw on a dunlop gpa medium take off today, after running q3's and boy oh boy its a new ball game :mrgreen:. Even with its half life yet and a few heat cycles it has heaps of grip and wants more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts