Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a gen 4 zx-10r, woo hoo. I'm looking for a very very lightly used 2012. But the issue I'm running into is that I've looked on craigslist and a couple motorcycle sales pages. And all I see is black zx-10r s for sale. Are all the people who bought the red ones holding on to them?:dontknow: Cuz I like the black and red better than the black/grey colorway and green/black color way. I love the skunk(white and black) but brand new one is slightly out of my budget. But just wanted to see what everybody thought is reason for no red/black zx-10rs for sale.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,810 Posts
They in the trash heap where they belong. Who the hell would want a red ZX-10R? They should only be made in 1 color - green. The rest of them should just be used as parts donors.

:lol:

Just kidding! But seriously, green is the best and fastest color. Good luck finding one!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
They in the trash heap where they belong. Who the hell would want a red ZX-10R? They should only be made in 1 color - green. The rest of them should just be used as parts donors.

:lol:

Just kidding! But seriously, green is the best and fastest color. Good luck finding one!
Ummm I believe white is the fastest color. .....

From my Note 3

·
Registered
255 Posts
I keep checking my mirrors for them, they'll catch up soon

·
Registered
107 Posts
They only made them for one year so it would be harder to find one as opposed to a green ot black one. If you really want red just buy any color and change the plastics and paint or wrap the tank.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idk, I just like the way the white/black look and red/black look more than green. I understand they made red only for a year, but all the black and all the green zx10s I'm finding are 2012s. The same year they made the red/black. I didn't think about swapping out fairings. But that gets expensive. Maybe I can find someone who bought theirs to track. Progress

·
Registered
545 Posts
Idk, I just like the way the white/black look and red/black look more than green. I understand they made red only for a year, but all the black and all the green zx10s I'm finding are 2012s. The same year they made the red/black. I didn't think about swapping out fairings. But that gets expensive. Maybe I can find someone who bought theirs to track. Progress

it shouldnt be expensive really, if you swap a clean set you MAY even get an even trade somewhere, worst case you trade your set for a red set plus $150 or whatever to smooth the trade over... it wont be as hard as you think. FYI there was a set of red plastics for sale on this forum not long ago, may still be there? i have no idea.. point is, it happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts