Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty much stock 10 and I have a few things done to my bike but I want to go faster but Im not sure what else to do. somebody help me out.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I have a pretty much stock 10 and I have a few things done to my bike but I want to go faster but Im not sure what else to do. somebody help me out.
here's a section that will surely help. :wink:

BD

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
How fast are you going now??:dontknow:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Need some numbers, and what you're wanting to do. 8's ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I am able to hook up at 7 with no problem. I am pulling a wheel stand off the line though while slidding the clutch. I am running a ultra soft shinko 180 and it works great. I have nothing bad to say about that tire.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
yes I am able to hook up at 7 with no problem. I am pulling a wheel stand off the line though while slidding the clutch. I am running a ultra soft shinko 180 and it works great. I have nothing bad to say about that tire.
:idea: Ummmm How about some times????:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
extentions and very minor things done to the bike will get you into the 8's. With a good rider.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
extentions and very minor things done to the bike will get you into the 8's. With a good rider.
:+1: and a light rider.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
130-170lb range with a really good left hand. shoot even heavier really

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I know of riders going 9.00 with a bone stock 05 10r with extenstions and gear. Now he has a turbo 10 and he does weigh like 130lbs but that is still moving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't had the chance to run the bike with the current setup that I have but as soon as I do I will post some times. Unlike you guys I don't have a 1/4 mile track close to me. The closest 1/4 mile track to me is anywhere from 160-200 miles away, so therefore I run the 1/8. Before I stretched it and geared it up I was consistant running 6.6 but my best time was 6.498. I am dying to see what she does with the stretch and gearing.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I haven't had the chance to run the bike with the current setup that I have but as soon as I do I will post some times. Unlike you guys I don't have a 1/4 mile track close to me. The closest 1/4 mile track to me is anywhere from 160-200 miles away, so therefore I run the 1/8. Before I stretched it and geared it up I was consistant running 6.6 but my best time was 6.498. I am dying to see what she does with the stretch and gearing.
How much do you weigh?:dontknow:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I weigh about 180

·
Registered
251 Posts
one thing that will definately help is an air shifter, another thing that will help, try not to pull wheelies, slip the clutch a little longer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm told 15/41 is good gearing for someone in the weight range you are in. I weigh about 170 and I run that, but by all means run what works for you. Gearing is like a trial and error thing, keep trying stuff til you find what works best for you. Some U4 or MR9 race gas should give you a couple of tenths also. I started with a slip as well, but let me tell you when I went to a full system I saw a tremendous gain. But seat time is best thing you can do most of all.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Wow, five up on the rear for your weight is healthy contributor to all your wheelies.
Cm the 5 up on the rear is just about the same as 16/41 if he has a stock front sprocket if hes 1 down its close to 15/41. You dont need a quarter mile to race just try to get your 1/8 mile around 5.80's and you will be where you want to run. 60 foot will need to be below the mid 1.40's the first 330 is all you really need to worry about after that its just horsepower and shifting. Practice your ass of on the eighth mile instead of wasting the drive to the 1/4 just to be dissapointed. Seat time right Kenny?(unless you buy a 071K:lol: ) Good luck and keep practicing.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went out to the track last saturday and put the 10 to work. I'm running 6.350 in the 8th with a 1.61 60ft. I am running 91oct and she is holding up pretty good. I am leaving at 10,000rpm and she is not pulling up at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts