Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would like to have another 7. I guy here in Houston had a clean, 5k mile one that went for $3300. At the time I did not have the spare change.

Here are pic of it from the thread.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just bought another ZXR750 (my third to date), to go racing on again. Really looking forward to getting the old bus humming.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
750 Posts
Late 80's to early/mid 90's was the best era of GP & Superbike racing-IMHO!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Pan. How do you like the Big Bore 9 engine in your 7? I built an engine with a Zlock kit but haven't installed it yet. I'm planning to put in a 95 ZX7 frame. I have too many builds, this one is way in the back.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Love it(torque) Best mod BITD! Now guys are doing the 10R swap-pretty involved with FI.

LMK if you need a hand with your swap, I've done 3

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have put a few stock 9B engines in 91-95 frames. Pretty straightforward, and only a little trickier on the 96+ (although I wouldn't give kc a dime to make a phone call much less buy the conversion kit from him). A little tight around the airbox on the early ones, but workable. I have seen a few of the 10 mods. I still just don't know how a very dissimilar engine works in practice. If I was going to do a crazy swap it would be an H2 triple in a ZX7 like I have seen a few times. My first bike was an H2 and I truly miss the 2-smoke craziness. I do not miss keeping a transmission in one though (I replaced four in mine before I got rid of it).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am building a couple of the old Superbikes now. I have a Russell 95 and a nice 99 with a Suter Clutch. Both the 95 and the 99 are gear driven, with tons of factory works parts. My hope is to have them finished by the end of the year, but my wallet has been drained in the process, so probably a little longer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts