Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info? Im running 190/55 Supercorsas now but Id rather not keep buying them, they are a bit pricey. And, Im not a fan of the 190/50 rear that come stock. I do a few trackdays during the summer and Id like to run a pilot power or qualifier, but no such sizes available.

I guess I can always go to a 180/55 rear which I have used on other bikes and liked a lot, but i prefer a touch bigger contact patch when on the track. My supercorsas have been great on the track and off, I just make sure I warm them up before pushing on the street. :dontknow: Not sure I understand why the new 10 comes w/ a 190/55 and yet u cant buy anything but race tires in that size?

:idea:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I don't know if this will helps but, I just switched to the supercorsa pro's. I ran the 180/55/17 regular Corsa not pro for ever and they work great for the price.

Plus you can get them at local shops. I think I was paying 145 each. on the street I was getting 2000 plus miles out of them.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
With the new qualifier being used it seems the trend to 190/55's will begin to evolve by years end with more manuf joining the race.

BD

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KaTooM said:
I don't know if this will helps but, I just switched to the supercorsa pro's. I ran the 180/55/17 Corsa's for ever and they work great for the price.

Plus you can get them at local shops. I think I was paying 145 each. on the street I was getting 2000 plus miles out of them.

any issues running the 180/55 supercorsa on the track? i ran 180's on my R1 on the track and didnt have any issues, but the 10 has a bit more power...:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Brandon said:
any issues running the 180/55 supercorsa on the track? i ran 180's on my R1 on the track and didnt have any issues, but the 10 has a bit more power...:dontknow:
Nope, I have ran probably 30 or so track day's No problems. I am talking about the Diablo Corsa not Pro's. The regular corsa only comes in a 180/55/17.

I think they stick better than the Dunlop GPA's in that size I tried.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I run the 190/60...

you have more contact patch when leaned over...

you dont need all that sidewall action on the street.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
I run the 190/60...

you have more contact patch when leaned over...

you dont need all that sidewall action on the street.
:+1: The 190/60 is awesome on the track but I prefer te 180/55 on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts