Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was just wondering how long between oil changes most of you that drag race? I was thinking something between the lines of 300-500 miles? I might ride my bike to work every now and then, but I use it mostly for drag racing so i'm coming up on 500 miles before my last one. I was also wondering what oil I should use? My bike has 1400 miles on it. I started draging it when it had about 700 miles on it....I have put on about 500 miles going to the track and running the bike, and getting back home. Thanks for any insight.

Bragg

·
Registered
65 Posts
oil

Well it just depends on how many passes you got and if the bike got to cool down between rounds I would say it you made 12 pass in a test and tune and there was 15 to 20 min i would go ahead and change. Think about the clutch fibers that you used and the how hot the oil got good luck

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
:+1:
imadimetooo said:
Well it just depends on how many passes you got and if the bike got to cool down between rounds I would say it you made 12 pass in a test and tune and there was 15 to 20 min i would go ahead and change. Think about the clutch fibers that you used and the how hot the oil got good luck

mobil 1 5w 30- allows clutches to slip without burning up, also frees up about 2 horses.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Gonna change it this weekend!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
rated zx said:
:+1:

mobil 1 5w 30- allows clutches to slip without burning up, also frees up about 2 horses.

mobil 1 synthetic or nonsynthetic?

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
mobil 1 is synthetic ..........mobil is the non synthetic
must be car oil thought ......id never use that in a 13,000 rpm engine :eyecrazy: ......... i use silkolene :cool:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it was running about 210-215 between runs....I also did double sometimes triple runs (meaning, i rode right back up to the start line after a run) I then take the oil cap off to allow to cool..... I will get it changed this weekend because I am getting the tires changed so might as well do the oil at the same time....thanks again...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bragg10r said:
Yes it was running about 210-215 between runs....I also did double sometimes triple runs (meaning, i rode right back up to the start line after a run) I then take the oil cap off to allow to cool..... I will get it changed this weekend because I am getting the tires changed so might as well do the oil at the same time....thanks again...
I do this at the track especially if I'm running more than one class. If you will take a heavy duty rubber band, Tie wrap, etc. and pull the clutch lever in and use one of those things to hold the lever and take the oil cap off, the clutches are able to cool alot quicker. :idea: :helmet:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info RR, thanks..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
I do this at the track especially if I'm running more than one class. If you will take a heavy duty rubber band, Tie wrap, etc. and pull the clutch lever in and use one of those things to hold the lever and take the oil cap off, the clutches are able to cool alot quicker. :idea: :helmet:

Good advice, if you keep a check on your clutch springs often,(like I do and RR probably does) keeping them compressed ecspecially while hot WILL shorten tension life of springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts