Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a stock 2005 which the previous owner installed K&N filters. The muffler had a few little scratches which bothered me. I just installed a Micron slip on. What I did not know until I read the instructions is Micron says I need to remap the computer. I have never done any mods to my prior bikes so this is a total newbie oversight. My question is how soon do I need to do the PC? This bike is only going to be cruised, no track time. What damage can happen? Can I ride it or should it stay in the garage?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
you can ride it, I had an exhaust and all that for a few months before i ever got a PC. it doesnt HAVE to be remapped, itll just compensate for the extra air flow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. That makes me feel better. I keep telling myself there's no such thing as a stupid question but....:rolleyes:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
nope! only stupid ppl! :lol: i keed, i keed

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
The only thing those mods are going to do to your bike without a tune, is either make it run a lttle rich or lean.. It won't make you run lean enough to hurt anything.. On some bikes with basic pipe and filter the air fuel will be spot on.. So before you pay the big money to get a tune have your shop put it on the dyno and do a baseline and see where your A/F is. If its in right around 13.1 you don't really need a tune unless you just wanna spend the money and make your power curve cleaner.. Up to you man. But those basic mods won't hurt your bike without a tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts