Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the flaming begin

You are in your car driving home.

Thoughts wander to the game you want to see or meal you want to eat, when suddenly a sound unlike any you've ever heard fills the air.

The sound is high above you.
A trumpet?
A choir?
A choir of trumpets?
You don't know, but you want to know.

So you pull over, get out of your car, and look up. As you do, you see you aren't the only curious one. The roadside has become a parking lot. Car doors are open,and people are staring at the sky. Shoppers are racing out of the grocery store.

The Little League baseball game across the street has come to a halt. Players and parents are searching the clouds. And what they see, and what you see, has never before been seen.

As if the sky were a curtain, the drapes of the atmosphere part. A brilliant light spills onto the earth. There are no shadows. None. From whence came
the light begins to tumble a river of color spiking crystals of every hue ever seen and a million more never seen. Riding on the flow is an endless fleet of
angels. They pass through the curtains one myriad at a time, until they occupy every square inch of the sky.

North.

South.

East.

West.

Thousands of silvery wings rise and fall in unison, and over the sound of the trumpets, you can hear the cherubim and seraphim chanting, Holy, holy, holy.
The final flank of angels is followed by twenty-four silver-bearded elders and a multitude of souls who join the angels in worship.

Presently the movement stops and the trumpets are silent, leaving only the triumphant triplet: Holy,holy, holy.
Between each word is a pause. With each word, a profound reverence. You hear your voice join in the chorus. You don't know why you
say the words, but you know you must.

Suddenly, the heavens are quiet. All is quiet.
The angels turn, you turn, the entire world turns and
there He is. Jesus.

Through waves of light you see the silhouetted figure of Christ the King. He is atop a great stallion, and the stallion is atop a billowing loud. He opens his
mouth, and you are surrounded by his declaration:
I am the Alpha and the Omega.

The angels bow their heads.
The elders remove their crowns.
And before you is a Figure so consuming that you know,
instantly you know: Nothing else matters.
Forget stock markets and school reports. Sales meetings and football games.
Nothing is newsworthy..

All that mattered, matters no more....for Christ has come.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Isn't forcing others to view scripture in each thread you respond too with your quotes in your signature enough for you?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Isn't forcing others to view scripture in each thread you respond too with your quotes in your signature enough for you?
not that i'm taking sides or anything but for one....you dont have to read the post and secondly there are things in other peoples sigs that may be offending in other ways as well.:dontknow:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
zx10ragentblack said:
not that i'm taking sides or anything but for one....you dont have to read the post and secondly there are things in other peoples sigs that may be offending in other ways as well.:dontknow:

Ya missed the point- some people have thier signatures in bold, quoting religious stuff.

That means that I get ambushed in many threads and reminded how many people have no respect for other religions.
And how we fight wars over religion, and how my friend was molested by a priest....

Also as a mod, I'm supposed to check stuff in general.

This should be a fun place to come for all.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
Ya missed the point- some people have thier signatures in bold, quoting religious stuff.

That means that I get ambushed in many threads and reminded how many people have no respect for other religions.
And how we fight wars over religion, and how my friend was molested by a priest....

whatever man, I didnt miss your point at all. You just dont have one. Are you that blind to see that others have things in there sigs that may offend many others and such. If you dont like it DON'T READ IT!!! Simple enough. I dont like all the sigs on here but I just dont read them and all is well.
All it is is scripture. Believe or dont, like it or dont. Read it or dont. Not that big of a deal.:idea:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
That's just an opinion....

My attitude on all this is why wait...

Why not act as if he (HE?) is here in you right now....and act appropriately, treating your fellow man accordingly.....

Actions speak louder than words...

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Older Guy said:
That's just an opinion....

My attitude on all this is why wait...

Why not act as if he (HE?) is here in you right now....and act appropriately, treating your fellow man accordingly.....

Actions speak louder than words...
That's very true and I agree. We should not wait. We should be acting that way every day.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
How 'bout we stop waiting for a legend to return, stop praying to the wind and get together as people and DO something to make the world better.

·
Registered
959 Posts
ZX10Miami said:

Miami,
I see your point, but I have also seen these Signatures, I have not seen one that brings up disrespecting other people's religions. I'm sorry your friend was molested, I truely am. There is no excuse that will fill or cover that action. But Jesus's teaching does not make Priests do thing like or start wars. He preached abot Love and acceptence, not judging and condemning. He taught about turning away from things that are terrible for you about loving each other.
I believe Im a follower of Christ and I still make horrible mistakes. But I belive in a God who can forgive me for my problems and accept me as I come.

Peace,
Chad

·
Registered
777 Posts
S.ga.rider said:
Riding on the flow is an endless fleet of
angels. They pass through the curtains one myriad at a time, until they occupy every square inch of the sky.

Thousands of silvery wings rise and fall in unison, and over the sound of the trumpets, you can hear the cherubim and seraphim chanting, Holy, holy, holy.
The final flank of angels is followed by twenty-four silver-bearded elders and a multitude of souls who join the angels in worship.
So I guess god is giving up on the "meek and humble" thing, huh? A little ostentatious for my taste.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
chad1043 said:
Miami,
I see your point, but I have also seen these Signatures, I have not seen one that brings up disrespecting other people's religions. I'm sorry your friend was molested, I truely am. There is no excuse that will fill or cover that action. But Jesus's teaching does not make Priests do thing like or start wars. He preached abot Love and acceptence, not judging and condemning. He taught about turning away from things that are terrible for you about loving each other.
I believe Im a follower of Christ and I still make horrible mistakes. But I belive in a God who can forgive me for my problems and accept me as I come.

Peace,
Chad
well said:thumbsup:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Demian1970 said:
A persons personal beliefs should be just that. Just my .02
very true but if you believe in something so strongly woundn't you want to tell others. Oh and you dont have to read this thread either. It's very optional. no one made you click or made you read their beliefs.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
chad1043 said:
Miami,

Peace,
Chad
I am tired of the unarguable separation that religion creates.

People that go around saying I believe this and you should too piss me off too.
I don't go around telling every honda or yami rider that they need to buy a kawi like I did either.

I have gone from neutral to hating religion, mostly because it gets thrown in my face so much on tv, news and around here.

Shouldn't have to advertise and PUSH something that is suposed to be so great.

·
Registered
254 Posts
zx10ragentblack said:
very true but if you believe in something so strongly woundn't you want to tell others. Oh and you dont have to read this thread either. It's very optional. no one made you click or made you read their beliefs.
No, I didn't have to read it, but there's a time and a place for everything, and if I wanted scripture, I would've gone to a religious forum.
Instead I frequent these and other sportbike forums, and since a religious POV is acceptable, so is MY non-religious POV.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
zx10ragentblack said:
NO- people have brains and can think for them selves.

It's like putting a vote for joe bumper sticker on your car.

I WAS going to vote for Sam, but you have a really nice car and your bumper sticker says to vote for Joe- so I will. Not.

It's like saying, "If you want to be as smart, and good as I am, you must believe what I believe." Oh and all the other religions are wrong too.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
FAF said:
Well, its posted in the Out House , so I dont see anything wrong ???

I took the oportunity to voice a complaint about the bolded signature which shows it's ugly head in EVERY thread that is posted by those with the bolded signatures.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts