Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 zx-10r, i got my wheelies down pretty good just there is one problem, bike goes to the right, on a power up and a clutch up. the bike just seems to go to the right. now i have tried every thing i can think of to try and solve the problem, from deflating my tires, to trying different tires, changing my axle, even tried positioning my self more to the left. my neighbor has the same bike and he has no problem. any usefull info would be greatly appreciated.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
its due to the rotational forces of the earth, you should try doin them at night when the full moon is out it'll pull to the left then!

·
T Double D
870 Posts
lean to the right and your bike will go to the left lean to the left and your bike will go to the right just do the opposite reaction

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Lovehandles are bigger on the right so it is pulling you that way...

In all seriousness could be crown in the road, body position, tire more worn on right then left

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
You're gripping the throttle too tight and pullng towards you which in turn is pulling the bike to the right. Try keeping the front tire straight and continue to work on your body position. Just takes practice but they'll straighten out

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
You're gripping the throttle too tight and pullng towards you which in turn is pulling the bike to the right. Try keeping the front tire straight and continue to work on your body position. Just takes practice but they'll straighten out
:+1:

I had the same problem too, when I first started doing them on my 10r.

:rolleyes:But then again, how come I never had a problem on my other bikes?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
:+1:

I had the same problem too, when I first started doing them on my 10r.

:rolleyes:But then again, how come I never had a problem on my other bikes?:dontknow:
Older bikes required more rider input to get them to respond. These new bikes don't take much so the slightest mistake is noticed much easier. But it's also easier to correct

·
Registered
71 Posts
wrong

gripping the throttle too tight and the front wheel being straight has nothing to do with a wheelie so don't listen to this guy.

What you are doing is what 98% of the other guys on this forum are doing that makes wheelies pull one direction and that is NOT LEANING BACK!!

I love seeing all the dumb avatars on this site where guys are doing this lame little sit downs and they pull their body as close to the tank as possible. This is because you think you have actually pulled the bike up a lot and your body does not want you to loop it out so you lean closer.

you need to star by extending your arms all the way and leaning back as much as you can. try this in a lot starting at 10-15 miles an hour if you are still on stock gearing. It's really hard to get these bikes up at 3-5 mph like I do on my stunt bike because of the super tall 1st gear.

practice makes perfect and please do not be one of those guys that's practicing 2nd gear sit downs going 90 down the freeway. if you start going over 30 mph just stab the brake and start over because you're doing it wrong. Only exception is if you're trying to do a 2nd or 3rd freeway stand up and keep up with traffic going 50-60 however I don't recommend these because Ive seen a lot of broken bones, cracked frame, and serious road rash going that fast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to all for the info, i will try these all as soon as i get my new clutch cable. it snapped on my way to school this morning.
:thefinger

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
wrong

gripping the throttle too tight and the front wheel being straight has nothing to do with a wheelie so don't listen to this guy.

What you are doing is what 98% of the other guys on this forum are doing that makes wheelies pull one direction and that is NOT LEANING BACK!!

I love seeing all the dumb avatars on this site where guys are doing this lame little sit downs and they pull their body as close to the tank as possible. This is because you think you have actually pulled the bike up a lot and your body does not want you to loop it out so you lean closer.

you need to star by extending your arms all the way and leaning back as much as you can. try this in a lot starting at 10-15 miles an hour if you are still on stock gearing. It's really hard to get these bikes up at 3-5 mph like I do on my stunt bike because of the super tall 1st gear.

practice makes perfect and please do not be one of those guys that's practicing 2nd gear sit downs going 90 down the freeway. if you start going over 30 mph just stab the brake and start over because you're doing it wrong. Only exception is if you're trying to do a 2nd or 3rd freeway stand up and keep up with traffic going 50-60 however I don't recommend these because Ive seen a lot of broken bones, cracked frame, and serious road rash going that fast.
sounds like good advice. I guess I had the same problem and that was my cure but I also became more comfortable and lean back further now as well. you did come off as kind of a prick though :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm no expert but if your bike is leaning right after the tire lifts off your probably bringing it up with the tire cocked to the left.This usually happens because your pulling harder on the left grip than you are with the throttle hand.Keep the bars perfectly strait when you bring it up and youll see the difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm no expert but if your bike is leaning right after the tire lifts off your probably bringing it up with the tire cocked to the left.This usually happens because your pulling harder on the left grip than you are with the throttle hand.Keep the bars perfectly strait when you bring it up and youll see the difference.
You know if youd like id be happy to make a quick video of me doing a wheelie and tossing the handle bars around up in the air. I dont know why so many people get that idea about wheelies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I watched a guy go 1 o'clock on his bike just yesterday. It wasn't pretty to watch his bike go end over end 4 or 5 times (I was about 20 yards behind him when this happened). He was lucky, he didn't have any major injuries but I can tell you from experience...it still hurts like a bitch and having a totaled bike sucks. Be careful and ask yourself...is it worth it? If it is, gear up and practice!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wyman I think you've missed my point.Once the bike is on it's rear tire, I agree that the handlebars position is for the most part irrelevant.If you bring the bike up with the bars left the bike will lean right.It's the same as making a bike "turn in", push out with the right hand the bike leans right, push out with the left the bike leans left.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts