Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does it and who doesn't? I have heard both ways so just curious.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
All wheels should at the very least be checked after a new tire is put on. Most tires I have found are virtually balanced from the factory and need little or no adjustment as long as the wheel is balanced. But always check them.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
All wheels should at the very least be checked after a new tire is put on. Most tires I have found are virtually balanced from the factory and need little or no adjustment as long as the wheel is balanced. But always check them.
:+1: always balance them. Why not?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Some brands, like dunop, come with a yellow dot on the side of the tire. If you line that up with the air nozzle on the wheel it won't need balancing. I have always balanced mine when changing them. The rear is as big a deal but if the front is off you will get a bad vibration at higher speeds.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Some brands, like dunop, come with a yellow dot on the side of the tire. If you line that up with the air nozzle on the wheel it won't need balancing. I have always balanced mine when changing them. The rear is as big a deal but if the front is off you will get a bad vibration at higher speeds.

while you should always align them on the dot it does not mean that they will for sure be balanced correctly.:wink:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yeah that's true. I still check them but i haven't found any off yet. Course i've only went through a few sets of the qualifiers so far. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
while you should always align them on the dot it does not mean that they will for sure be balanced correctly.:wink:
very true and i've used other brands besides Funlops that have some sort of marking and lined it up with the valve stem and still required balancing with additional weight.

I static balance my own and have for some years now mainly because i feel i'll do a far superior job than any/most shops.

BD

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I'm going to buy a balancer, spoons, rim guards. The last time i took my wheels to the shop. they put the tire on backward. No more for me. Time to do it myself.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
They are a little more but no damage to your wheels

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wow, I just watched several videos of the nomar tirechanger in action and I must say I'm impressed. With a minimal investment I'm sure someone could run a neat little side business and help fellow riders in their area.

·
Registered
463 Posts
YEp I get mine balanced as well......

I'm currently in the process of buying a static balancer and tire bar from NoMar combined with a Harbor Freight tire changer....Beef up the contact areas on the changer with teflon pads and bam, no more taking them elsewhere....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm going to buy a balancer, spoons, rim guards. The last time i took my wheels to the shop. they put the tire on backward. No more for me. Time to do it myself.

LOL i've been doing it myself since last summer with spoons, should buy a balancer tho...usually don't bother getting them done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts