Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been toying with the Idea of putting a set of 2012 CBR1000rr or ZX14 rims on the bike. Two questions.......

Whick one looks better in your opinion? I've been leaning towards the CBR rims.

What all would I have to swap out to make this possible? Would it be a huge hassle?

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,381 Posts
Well, the CBR rims look better IMO. The ZX-14 wheels are heavier than the ZX-10 rims, which is why a lot of 14 riders swap to the 10R wheels. Can't tell you how hard it would be to swap, but that's what I got for ya.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the CBR rims look better IMO. The ZX-14 wheels are heavier than the ZX-10 rims, which is why a lot of 14 riders swap to the 10R wheels. Can't tell you how hard it would be to swap, but that's what I got for ya.
Thank you for your input Sir. I no longer need to look at the ZX14 wheels anymore. I guess all that's left is to see if the swap out is possible. Thanks SD, you always come through.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuck these things are expensive!!!:eyecrazy: I might as weel shop around for some Marchesini's. Why is nothing ever easy?:dontknow:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gen 2 wheels look sic already why taint a kawi with the other brand.
Well............... All the Gens minus Gen4 have the same wheels. We buy these machines to make them our own and DAMNIT I SAY THE CBR WHEELS ARE HOT LIKE TWO FINE BITCHES!!!:rockwoot: Soooooooo...... that's why.

All jokes aside though. There's not a company who has gotten it right 100% when it came to looks. To build the perfect bike you would have to take components from all the different manufacturers to get a finished product. I love my Kawi but I'm also a realist. The wheel design for the Gen1-3 is played out and the Gen4's wheel design doesn't do the bike justice at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts