Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I laid the bike over last week and bent the front wheel. A new one costs over $400 bucks. A friend of mine has a front wheel from a '04 ZX-10...

Will this work for me?

Thx!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm not sure about the wheel swap, but when I bent my rim I sent it out to Will's rim repair. I think it was about $90 bucks and turn around was about
1 1/2 weeks. I didn't even think the rim could be fixed, but it was good as new when I got it back.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Daamn that's a good price! I bent my front rim twice and took it to a local guy around here where I live to get it fixed, and he banged me hard with no lubrication both times! The first time he charged me $250 for a little slight ass bend, it wasn't even that bad! I could've rode with it if I wasn't so picky about my shit! Then the next time I bent it again an it was a little worse than the time before but still I was able to ride 3hrs home on it with no prob! Dude charged me $300! :headshake I said daamn man you went up on price?? I know the economy is fucked up but damn don't take it out on me! Shiiiiiit! I mean don't get me wrong he did a good job both times! But $550? Come 'on! I thought that was high! I weighed my options and what made me justify spendin that much was time( how long I was gonna be down) and money(what was the cheapest route)? $400 to buy a new wheel and then to send it out to get it chromed which would've been $300 and down 3 weeks totally $700 vs. tryin to find a good one on ebay for cheap an sendin it out to get chromed......who know's how long that would've took?

I'm not sure about the wheel swap, but when I bent my rim I sent it out to Will's rim repair. I think it was about $90 bucks and turn around was about
1 1/2 weeks. I didn't even think the rim could be fixed, but it was good as new when I got it back.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Hey boss didn't mean to hijack your thread. I don't know if the swap will work or not? I just thought I would weigh in since I went thru the experience of havin a bent rim also. Good luck gettin it fixed!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
No and '04 wheel will not fit on your '09. At least not without swapping out the bearings and distance tube. The Gen 1 had a smaller axle vs the Gen 2 and 3.

Any Gen 2 or 3 wheel will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts