Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot of threads about the wheel bearings, and am going to order a set for my 2004 ZX10.

I also need bearings for 2005 ZX-6RR. Anyone know if the bearings are the same for these wheels?

I have this info for the bearings on thte 10R

2 NSK6004vv
2 NSK 6204vv
1 NSK 6205vv

(will order from bearingworks.com)

Thanks all!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I've been reading a lot of threads about the wheel bearings, and am going to order a set for my 2004 ZX10.

I also need bearings for 2005 ZX-6RR. Anyone know if the bearings are the same for these wheels?
Check the KHI OEM part #'s for both bikes is 1 way but since they must be removed ya might as well wait and get the #"s off the bearings themselves.

BD

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4.
I have two sets of wheels for both bikes. the bearings on the ZX-6 are fine, but from what you said BD about how easy these bearings spin, i would like to upgrade all bearings from factory to the ones offered by bearingworks. and i would rather not yank the good ones until i need to.

i will do further research.

=]

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
What was your total price for just the 10R bearings....I have been thinking about this mod myself for a while.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
They have gone up cost wise since i did mine 3yrs ago but i suspect about $80 for 1 set.

BD

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
they have ceramic bearings but the set is about 400 bux.... i have them in my rims and tranny. makes everything spin a lot better.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
concensus says that the difference b/t ceramic and a good steel bearing is marginal. whereas the cost is about 400% greater for ceramic.

the pitfalls of ceramic bearings are that they are more "fragile" than steel bearings. most say not to use ceramic for the street due to road conditions posing a hazard to the ceramic bearings. the street is just too rough to justify spending four times as much for a something that is, say, four times likely to break.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
With 60k kms on the clock on my ride, this is something i plan on doing this winter also.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ceramic bearings are the way to go! there $400 but allow power to get to the ground better, everything turns smoother and its just all around healthier for the bike. The problem with ceramics is they dont make the bike louder or more blinged out. however if you get them you will understand. the bike is just that much more of a pleasure to own. I highly recomend this mod.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
for everyone that said {waiting till winter} that is rediculous. not throwing stones but with the right tools {about $15} it takes about 30 min to install.
You need a drift long punch} from home depot $5 and a bearing driver {auto parts store} $10 takes about 30 min and most of that time is getting the wheels off the bike.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The pitfalls of ceramic bearings are that they are more "fragile" than steel bearings. most say not to use ceramic for the street due to road conditions posing a hazard to the ceramic bearings. the street is just too rough to justify spending four times as much for a something that is, say, four times likely to break.
100% correct :thumbsup:

The bearing suppliers i spoke with could have easily sold me a $400 setup but advised against it due to above statement.

BD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts