Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, if anyone out there is going to remove their wheel bearings I have a tip for ya. This is for anyone that doesn't have special tools and doesn't want to purchase them. Autozone rents a blind hole puller (part #27128) and a bearing driver set (part # 27119) that work really well. Just pay $140 deposit on the puller set and $50 deposit on the driver set and you will get your money back when returned. Worked great for me, hope it helps some of you too...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Good Idea, I was thinking about pulling mine this month before spring hits I got 22k on them already

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Idea, I was thinking about pulling mine this month before spring hits I got 22k on them already
I don't have a ton of miles on mine, just had to take them out to get the wheels powdercoated...either way it works very well and you can't beat it for free

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I don't have a ton of miles on mine, just had to take them out to get the wheels powdercoated...either way it works very well and you can't beat it for free
How long did it take you, was it hard? Did you buy new bearings. I am about to get my Wheels Powder Coated and am wondering these things.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long did it take you, was it hard? Did you buy new bearings. I am about to get my Wheels Powder Coated and am wondering these things.

Thanks
I'd say taking the wheels off of the bike is the most time consuming. Before you can use the tool I mentioned in my first post you'll have to use the punch or extension with a hammer to get one of the bearings out like 1/4". After that the tool makes it very easy. And no, as long as you don't mess up the rubber seals they should be fine to put back in...unless you have a lot of miles on them then it is best just to replace them while they're already out

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd say taking the wheels off of the bike is the most time consuming. Before you can use the tool I mentioned in my first post you'll have to use the punch or extension with a hammer to get one of the bearings out like 1/4". After that the tool makes it very easy. And no, as long as you don't mess up the rubber seals they should be fine to put back in...unless you have a lot of miles on them then it is best just to replace them while they're already out
cool - thanks. I have a little over 1k on mine so i should be good then. Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts