Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 04 zx10r and im extending it and not for sure how long i should go....my bike is currently set up as is....straped in the front and lowered 1.25" ,lowered 3" in rear,i will b trin -2+3(15,42) sprocket set up and im not exactly sure about how far to extend it I AM THINKIN 64"-64.5" the bike is stock motor and NO power commander........will this b a good length for this set up i am 170lbs not suited

any advise will b aprieciated thank you

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
As a first guess for mine, I crunched the numbers regarding approximate C of G position and the expected acceleration in 1st gear, and added a couple inches extra to make sure. But ... haven't ridden it like this. I refuse to ride a bike that handles like a school bus, so I'm not going down the excessive lowering route, and I'm certainly not lowering more at the rear than at the front, and I don't want mine any longer than necessary to keep the front wheel down most of the time.

Your proposed gearing gives 22% more acceleration than stock. So my thinking is that if the back wheel is 22% further back from the center of gravity, it will have the same "wheelie-prone-ness" as stock. That works out to somewhere around 5 inches longer, plus whatever extra to keep the front down. Offsetting that, making the C of G lower helps by a couple inches.

I know that with mine, just putting a longer chain to get the axle almost all the way back in the adjuster slots made a large difference. Did that a few years ago.

But now, I'm putting mine at +5 to see what happens. Less lowering than yours.

·
Registered
842 Posts
i got a 04 zx10r and im extending it and not for sure how long i should go....my bike is currently set up as is....straped in the front and lowered 1.25" ,lowered 3" in rear,i will b trin -2+3(15,42) sprocket set up and im not exactly sure about how far to extend it I AM THINKIN 64"-64.5" the bike is stock motor and NO power commander........will this b a good length for this set up i am 170lbs not suited

any advise will b aprieciated thank you
with a 64 inch setup and that gearing with a decent 60ft you will be knocking on 5.90's-6.10's consistently from my expierence as im running same setup but a p/c. Ima bout to go up 3 more which is +6 to help with my 60's

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
ive heard 64-66 inches works very well on the 10's. provided that its a stock motor with the usual boltons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How fast have you gone stock wheelbase?
my quickest time is 9.9991 at 135mph in the 1/4 mile and 6.47 at 115mph in 1/8 mile my best 60ft is 1.64 on swb

·
Registered
842 Posts
damn you have a good hand your 60fts are around what mine are stretched LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts