Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is the deal. I have complained about a problem with my rear brake. The problem I have stated is that after awhile of riding I will come to a stoplight and the pedal goes to the bottom with no stopping effort from the rear. It almost acts like a major fade. I do not ride the rear pedal, in fact I am off it, only hovering over it coming to the stop lights. I am on my 2nd set of pads on the rear. Now onto my findings. I have always taken my bike to the dealer for tire changes, had a maintance agreement. Now I am out of my agreement I am attacking the tires starting tommrow. I noticed that the rear axle "alignment" on the "alignment" marks is about a line or two diffrent from the other side. Is this normal to see them that far off from each other? Could this cause a brake issue as the disc wont run true with the caliper?! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well see I have 12k on her. This is not my first rodeo on a bike. All my other bike's read pads last forever, like 40k on my one bike so I am pretty sure I am not using it to much, I am seasoned :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for that link, I have been a super wierdo about my rear tire and chain alignment. For $26 shipped, that's piece of mind. Awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts