Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the string method, it takes a long time just to set up. An 8ft straight edge on either side of the wheels is a lot faster. I used two 8ft shop light bulbs, total price $9.97 (Home Depot). I took the string off after trying that method and set up the bulbs on blocks with two rubber bands to hold them against the rear wheel. I got the same results and as you can see from the front wheel gaps on either side my rear wheel is out of alignment.

http://community.webshots.com/user/stereoshop101

·
Registered
184 Posts
good idea, I'm needing to do the same thing because by bike pulls hard to the right when I've got her wound up..... :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think any straight edge you can come up with would be easier than the string, same method though. I was looking for extruded aluminum wall brackets used for hanging shelves but didn't see any at Home Depot. The flourecent tubes were just there and cheap and did serve the purpose for now.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey guys, what about using a piece of small pvc pipe (1/2") or anything with the likes of that, and it won't be so catastrophic if the glass breaks. ANYTHING like that will work. Heck small pieces of wood trim molding will work also, and should be very cheap and easy to store.

The rubber bands around the rear and the front of the rear tire are the key to making sure that it is touching both the front and rear edge of the rear tire that is the main thing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kwakman said:
Hey guys, what about using a piece of small pvc pipe (1/2") or anything with the likes of that, and it won't be so catastrophic if the glass breaks. ANYTHING like that will work. Heck small pieces of wood trim molding will work also, and should be very cheap and easy to store.

The rubber bands around the rear and the front of the rear tire are the key to making sure that it is touching both the front and rear edge of the rear tire that is the main thing.
I would not use PVC or wood, they are not straight and ridgid. Go to Lowes or somewhere and look around, you'll find something 8ft in length.

·
Registered
184 Posts
or u could build it for about 50 bucks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts