Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Repsol Moto Racing 4T Fully Synthetic Motor Oil - 10W50
MOBIL 1 RACING 4T 10W/40

Either one has done good shit for me
I recommend with higher miles to move to a 20/50 weight so its a little thicker...No mechanic but I have had people preach to me about oil LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Motorex power synt 4t full synthetic 10w/60

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
10/60 wow, never seen anyone run that before. How long is its life, cause thats some thin shit...

·
Registered
445 Posts
castrol actevo 4T 10w40 synthetic blend, I tried the rotella 5w40 and it seemed to me to be too thin, had a lot of valve train chatter and gear box whine with it. Changed out the rotella after about 1200 mi and went back to the castrol. I also mix in 20% lucas oil stabilizer and usually change it around 2500 mi or less and the oil is still in good shape, just like to keep it clean.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Rotella-T 15/40 or Delo 15/40.

Non synthetic for me.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
:iamwithst, I use it on anything that needs oil..Oh and a Walmart Super Tech filter :lol:

·
Registered
447 Posts
what is this rotella, I saw that stuff but its for like diesel trucks or something, is there a bike specific one?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
what is this rotella, I saw that stuff but its for like diesel trucks or something, is there a bike specific one?
Rotella IS for diesel trucks. 15W40 petro based, or 5W40 synthetic are the ones to use. Do NOT use the 0W40 synthetic one as it has friction modifiers and has been reported to cause clutch slippage on certain bikes.

Although it has been covered in other threads, the "cole's notes" version of the story is that diesel oils have a higher grade base stock of oil versus normal passenger car or motorcycle oils. Also, their resistance to sheer and viscosity retention over the life of the oil makes them an excellent candidate for motorcycle use.

I've been using the 15W40 petro based version and the motor runs beautifully. I have absolutely beautifully and the oil remains clean. No problems to report whatsoever, and the shifting has been crisp and precise. I'll be trying the 5W40 synthetic next, and hopefully it'll be more of the same.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Repsol Moto Racing 4T Fully Synthetic Motor Oil

1 - 20 of 66 Posts