• dunlop q2

Votes: 8 5.5%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so... what is it? psi f/r?

figured it could help a rider lookin into new tires.

i cant wait to get my hands on some 211's!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I don't have experience with any tires other than pilot powers and corsa 3's. I do like the corsa 3's more.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Of the choices, either the 211 or the power one. Michelin slicks have become my fave over the last few years, though. You won't believe the grip the first time you try slicks on a track and they are usually cheaper than the DOT tires.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I run the 2ct's on the street, they seem to overheat get greasy on the track. I really like the pirelli dot race tires and slicks for the track, the michelins make some nice slicks too. As far as presures go I work with the tire vendor at the track, for the street I run 32F 32R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeay, my 1st post. Currently running D211's. Like them a lot! Running the 200/55 rear so had to make some adjustments to suspension. Previous set was Michelin Power One street version. Also an awesome tire but wears quicker. Power Ones have plenty of grip for the street and also were impressive on the track. Will be trying the D211's at "Streets of Willow" this weekend. Will try to update with my impressions.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Michelin pilot sport 200/50

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have the supercorsas on my 6, have not tried anything else but they stick like glue when the track is dry.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I run Supercorsas on my 6RR and Qualifiers on the 10R - not the OEM set. I've run Pilot Powers and Pilot Race on the 6RR before, but like the SC's better. I don't know what I'll try next on the 10R...was thinking Pilot One or the new Dunlops, but I'm not sure yet. I still have about another 1000 miles or so of tread left to figure it out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I run the michelin 2CT nice and very predictable

·
Registered
84 Posts
On the 10R I ran the Pilot Power 2CT on the track twice, they were okay. But on the end of the 2nd track day, i lost grip in the rear and lowsided... They do get greasy and slick on hot days after repeated use.

I tried the Dunlop Sportmax GP-A (i think formerly called 208?) and I liked them a lot better. Though they were 55 profile instead of 50, which helped a bit I'm sure. End of the 2nd trackday on them and they were still sticky as hell.

Gonna try BT-003 on the 6R later this month.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ntec 211's are the shit! cold 29 f 20 r Hot 32f 28r they last a good amount of time on the track but seem to wear fast on the street. Despite what the poll reflects at this point, the number one performance modification you can do to your bike is getting a high pertformance track tire for a trackday. I would never recommmend a street tire to anyone.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been trying out the BT-002Rs. and so far I have nothing bad to say about them. I would call them a little better then the 2CTs, and on par with Corsa 3s

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've only used the 2cts with a 50 profile, loved them. Next time i'm gonna try a 55 profile on the BTO 16s..

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I'm a big fan of Stones but I couldn't find the new 003s. Had to settle for my first set of Power Race and I have to admit I like them!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^
Power Race and their replacement the Power One are GREAT tires. And if my opinion doesn't matter how about R. Jensen who has multiple lap records on them?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts