Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...for the 3rd gen owners out there, what is your "normal" engine operating temp when your out on the street...?

I actually thought mine has been running a little "hot" since I did my last oil change...but my wife's bike runs virtually identical in temp when we are out riding.

The cross-eyed cat will bounce around from about 189...to 200 then back down after the fans kick on...and my wife's gixxer600 is the same.

what do you think? Normal?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah sounds normal to me, but also depends on how warm it is outside mine always runs very close to those temps as well..

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
sounds normal. my 2nd gen does the same thing unless the outside air temp is below 80, then it's in the 160s range. my friggen r1 is hot as hell no matter what. after an hour of riding it taps 214 and then the fan comes on and brings it back down below 200.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
it all depnds around town/stop and go traffic 200-220 plus until fans kicks on or get moving...typically anywhere from 175 to 210 is pretty normal for me man i wouldn't worry

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
When my 10R is happy... Outside temp of low 70's to high 60's the motor will run in the 150's to 160 range if we're moving and no traffic. City riding or traffic will see 190s to 200 range. BUT I also have a man over ride switch and never let the temp out of spec. also practice turning off motor at red lights it helps..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Went down to a large bikefest today. Ambient temp. around 93deg. On the way down in regular stop and go city traffic it ran 170-185. Sitting at one extra long stop light it hit 205 until I got moving again. I've never seen mine that hot before. BTW, I live in FL. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
mine gets to about 95 deg C which is about 205 deg F in heavy traffic on a 40 deg C (104 deg F) day. On track I have got to 100 deg C (212 F) most of the R1s on the same day were getting up to the same. The alarm comes on at 239 F (temp flashing) with final warning at 248 deg F (HI)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i run between 68C on days 12C or less, and 95C on days 25C+ and in the hottest conditions (30C+ in idle traffic) I have hit 102C

Sorry I don't do imperial...u'll need to convert to F

·
Registered
641 Posts
freeway driving at 75mph and 70 degrees puts the bike around 165 degrees. On 80 degree days, at long stoplights, it will go up to 209 or whenever the fan kicks on then it drops a few degrees as the fan goes. Owners manual gives it a much higher ceiling or margin of safety.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am in GA it is hot here and if I am in stop and go conditions it will get like 225 or so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts