Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my ZX10R 2 weeks ago and am still in the break in miles...(300 sofar)
im just wondering what the temp. gauge reads at 4k rpm cruising in 6th.
mine reads about 139 degrees at 45 OUTSIDE TEMP. and 145 to 149 at 55 outside temp.
just seems kind of low... my zx12 ran crazy hot all the time and my cbr 954 and 929 run about 175 to 180 at the above outside temp.
TIA
MADDOG :zx_green:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
It is largly dependant on the ambiant temperature. When it is 60 outside, mine runs 150 - 155 on the highway. When it is 95 outside, mine runs 170 - 180. When I stop at traffic lights during the summer, it will climb to the 200 range.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
That sounds about right...the temp outside determines the eng. temp more on this bike than any other bike that I have
owned :dontknow: (BTW I had a 12R prior)
Main thing I do is warm it up to about 150ish when it is warm out and about 170ish when it is cold, before I get out of the yard. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys......
i guess its running normal....i was just curious..
like i said my zx12r ran very hot all the time as well as my 2 hondas but the 10r seemed low....but its normal .
for the three of us atleast.....
thansk again

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
. That brings up a good question. I know that some motors have a safety feature that will not allow it to rev past a certain “danger zone" rpm when not up to a set operating temp, so does the zx10r have a similar feature?

Sorry to jump topic and my bike ran about 155 - 165 when coooold outside as well. But if you let it warm up to about 160 before setting out it should be fine but be careful how hard you ride it when it is that cold out, not for the motor but for the fact that the tires don't like to stick too good when the ambient temp is way low.

·
Registered
681 Posts
i rode today and it was like 30 something degrees out and it didnt crack 130....but this summer on a couple hot day when i was stopped in traffic i saw 220 thats the highest i saw

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts