Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im contemplating on getting a new phone. rumors are going around that apple is releasing a new iphone or version or what ever...what should i do, what for "iphone2" or the updated version?

·
Registered
180 Posts
im contemplating on getting a new phone. rumors are going around that apple is releasing a new iphone or version or what ever...what should i do, what for "iphone2" or the updated version?
That rumor has been going around for a long time. should just get the one thats out now. I love my phone, its the best one I have had so far.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats w the new updates?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
They just released a larger size, double the storage. Other than that :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I have an iPhone and its THE WORST PHONE I have ever owned. As a phone it honestly sucks. The email is ok. Everything else is bad ass.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have an iPhone and its THE WORST PHONE I have ever owned. As a phone it honestly sucks. The email is ok. Everything else is bad ass.
:+1:

just like the damn blackberry

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
June 29th there will be a new Iphone released. There are no details as to what the difference will be. I'm guessing it might be a 3g phone (better graphics, faster network connection, better on-line video quality off a network signal). You guys are right about this latest release though, it's only larger in storage capacity, nothing else. My wife works for AT&T; I'll let you know if anything new comes up.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
June 29th there will be a new Iphone released. There are no details as to what the difference will be. I'm guessing it might be a 3g phone (better graphics, faster network connection, better on-line video quality off a network signal). You guys are right about this latest release though, it's only larger in storage capacity, nothing else. My wife works for AT&T; I'll let you know if anything new comes up.
keep us updated bro :thumbsup:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I have a HTC blue angel (SX66) and a HTC Hermes (wing). I like both of them better than an iphone, due to the fact I can put what ever programs I want in them. Granted, They both use WM6 (the Angel is a cooked version) which isn't the best OS, and both are QVGA (320*240) not VGA like the iphone (640*480) so the screens aren't as clear but those are tradeoffs I can deal with now. I can change batteries in both my phones (not the iphone) and can change memory cards out too. (4gb now but hopefully 16gb soon) I can get software anywhere, and can load up music and movies without itunes. Both have REAL keyboards too. A definite for me. My HTC Athena (coming soon!!) :thumbsup: will render all my other phones to the bin when it gets to me tho'.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep, thats the rumor i heard. i wanted to see if anyone else did too. what was apple thinking releasing an internet phone wo 3g!? wheres the cheapest place to grab an iphone?

I have a HTC blue angel (SX66) and a HTC Hermes (wing). I like both of them better than an iphone, due to the fact I can put what ever programs I want in them. Granted, They both use WM6 (the Angel is a cooked version) which isn't the best OS, and both are QVGA (320*240) not VGA like the iphone (640*480) so the screens aren't as clear but those are tradeoffs I can deal with now. I can change batteries in both my phones (not the iphone) and can change memory cards out too. (4gb now but hopefully 16gb soon) I can get software anywhere, and can load up music and movies without itunes. Both have REAL keyboards too. A definite for me. My HTC Athena (coming soon!!) :thumbsup: will render all my other phones to the bin when it gets to me tho'.
whos the provider and how much?
i like the iphones interface, so the key board thing turns me off. but i strongly dislike apple and how they restrict applications, internal memory and the battery, thats some bull shit!

·
Registered
180 Posts
i like the iphones interface, so the key board thing turns me off. but i strongly dislike apple and how they restrict applications, internal memory and the battery, thats some bull shit![/QUOTE]

The Iphone might restrict there applications, but if you hack your phone you can pretty much do anything with it that you would like to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The new iphone is rumored to have the 3g network on it and GPS. I'd just buy the phone now. I have it and i love the phone.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I know few people that have the iphone an love it! I plan on grabbing an unlocked iphone on ebay so I can use it with my T-mobile service. I'm scared of ATT's random hidden fees. :headshake

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I got a phone that when you push the green button....wait for it......you make a call and someone else answers , it was free and it costs me a $10 a month for calls.

If I wanted an entertainment device then I would buy another woman !

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new iphone is rumored to have the 3g network on it and GPS. I'd just buy the phone now. I have it and i love the phone.
why buy the new one when the whole point of having the iphone is for its internet. 3g is the only way to go when it comes to the internet.

i like the iphones interface, so the key board thing turns me off. but i strongly dislike apple and how they restrict applications, internal memory and the battery, thats some bull shit!
The Iphone might restrict there applications, but if you hack your phone you can pretty much do anything with it that you would like to.[/quote]

hack at your own risk, i considered that then became more affraid of screwing the phone up and voiding my contract

I know few people that have the iphone an love it! I plan on grabbing an unlocked iphone on ebay so I can use it with my T-mobile service. I'm scared of ATT's random hidden fees. :headshake
random free's, just do what i do and threaten customer service. im serious, get anrgy, it works everytime.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
whos the provider and how much?

HTC phones come unlocked so any GSM provider will work. Even if the phone is branded (i.e.- my Angel is an SX66 from ATT- it has been unlocked and will work with any carrier.) Depending on condition an Angel will run between $50 (rough) to around $350 ( spankin' new) A Wing runs $300 to $400 (no contracts). My Athena runs around $800, though it's really a mini laptop with a phone in it. It's really big so I don't know if that's for you. Any info on almost all HTC phones are here: www.xda-developers.com. Great for anyone in my opinion. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The new release...

1. wait for the new iphone with (hopefully) 3g. I hate it when I'm in some god-forsaken hell hole (like Brunswick, GA....) that doesnt have 3g and I have to suffer through EDGE....

2.The new release for iphone (already happened) makes the iphone more appealing because it includes support for third party software development (as long as it is gotten from the iStore)

3. Google doesnt have a new 'phone' coming out. Google has a new OS, called Android. (google it)

4.The iphone is awesome because of it's software AND its hardware. I just cant live without a real keyboard and 3g. Right now I am living with a HTC Tilt. It was supposed to be the BEST windows mobile phone....it should be better when htc releases some more drivers for it...

Hope this helps. and the site posted earlier (xda-developers) will tell you everything you want to know about htc phones. Check out the wiki. I've had 6 of em.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts