Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for you guys that follow MMA. Fedor Emelianenko is supposed to be the best heavyweight fighter in the world right? But what I can't understand is why would he allow his insane manager (Vadim Finkelchtein) to screw it all up. If you want to be known as the best then you have to go out and beat the best. And for the record, his deal would have reportedly been worth 30 million for 6 fights....you guys do the math

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
He's all ready beat the best, they don't have anybody else w/ a big name to put in front of him. In his fight w/ Arlofski he was getting bested until Andre got too comfortable, and consequently got knocked out. I would like to have seen him fight Couture a few years back. The heavy weight class seems to be dwindling, I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
BTW how good was it to see Hendo knock Bisbing the fuck out!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that shit was classic...Bisping is the biggest asshole ever...it was a joy watching Hendo kill this guy

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Poetic justice! That wanker talked so much shit only to get knocked out cold. I have a lot of respect for Hendersonand couldn't think of a better candidate to rep. the US. While Bisbing was acting like a child Hendo never lost his cool, he just brushed it off and let his actions do the talking. The Brits may have won the show, but Bisbing did a disservice to his country by acting the way he did.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Fedor doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. The man is an unflinching driven machine that calmly destroys people. Even if they outweigh him by over 100 lbs.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HTML:
Fedor doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. The man is an unflinching driven machine that calmly destroys people. Even if they outweigh him by over 100 lbs.
HTML:

Hey trust me, I'm probably the biggest Fedor fan in the world... I just wanted him to go to the UFC and shut Brock's fat mouth.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't believe everything you read.Noone has seen any offer from anyone so to speculate that his manager won't deal is wrong.In my opinion, Dana White more than likely has killed this deal.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HTML:
Don't believe everything you read.Noone has seen any offer from anyone so to speculate that his manager won't deal is wrong.In my opinion, Dana White more than likely has killed this deal.
HTML:

Fedor's manager wanted Dana to give up half of the marketing rights(basically giving the company away) so that M-1 could co-advertise and market with UFC. Dana gave on the money (5 million per fight), the option to participate in other "combat" sports (Sambo) but he wouldn't (and shouldn't) give his freaking company away like that. Dana is an asshole but he's not retarded.

·
Registered
238 Posts
HTML:
HTML:

Fedor's manager wanted Dana to give up half of the marketing rights(basically giving the company away) so that M-1 could co-advertise and market with UFC. Dana gave on the money (5 million per fight), the option to participate in other "combat" sports (Sambo) but he wouldn't (and shouldn't) give his freaking company away like that. Dana is an asshole but he's not retarded.

Source?

Dana White is an aerobics instructor with a foul mouth, imo.

"Fedor is obselete"-Dana

·
Registered
238 Posts
Stolen from the internets-

Disses Fedor every chance he can for 2 years, then blows up when he signs with someone else. He SCREAMS teenage girl who got stood up for the prom by the guy she secretly masturbates too at night while telling everyone else how much she never thinks about him. Pathetic.

Hahahah this whole board is full of TUF noob pansies with strong opinions while knowing dick except whatever Dana tells you. Its funny. But seeing people who know better (like Odessa who must be getting some sort of kickback now) calling Fedor a joke is sad. Fedor never has a bad word about anybody, you guys are just butthurt, that's it. There is ZERO other excuse you fanboi faggots can come up with.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
People cheer everytime Fedor signs somewhere that isn't the UFC and it's ironic because it always sinks the company they claim to love so dearly.Dana again wouldn't budge,, probably could have thrown Fedor all the money in the world and still not sign him because THEY WANTED CO-PROMOTION.The whole fact is Fedor is a great fighter,and he has not beat all the best in the world.I think Fedor should step up to the plate and sign a one fight deal just to say i beat your best and shut Dana up and then tell him give me what i want and then I'll sign with u.Check out 3:33 of the first vid M-1 handed it down

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
There really is NO competition for Fedor in Strikeforce.
It's a guarantied paycheck for a few walks in the park.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
From Another site

I think the problem some people are having is you don't have the global vision that M-1 and Zuffa have. While you guys are focusing only on Fedor you are overlooking that these guys are planning on developing market share in worldwide markets. That's why the issue of co-promotion is so huge. M-1 doesn't want to see Zuffa capture all of the marketplaces by themselves like they are doing in the US.

M-1 is already big in Europe, Russia and other parts of the world. They just haven't made inroads here yet. They have their first US show scheduled for next month I think. Fedor already is under contract. M-1 gave him 10 million back at some point when they were working with Monte Cox and US investors. Monte spoke a lot about M-1's European reptutation and things they had already accomplished.

Put yourself in Fedor/M-1's shoes for a minute. Do you give in and just milk Fedor for all the money the UFC will throw at him or do you use Fedor to continue to try to build a worldwide business that has interests back home in your own country Russia.

Think bigger and you will understand what is really at stake here. It's not just about Fedor to Zuffa and M-1. Seriously, was Cro-Cop really THAT great of a fighter that Lorenzo/Zuffa flew to Croatia to get him? No it was about his worldwide popularity and ability to expand into other markets. Three of Cro-Cop's 4 UFC fights have been in Germany and England. Zuffa has a global vision and that is what getting Cro-Cop back was about.

The battle is for worldwide MMA and M-1 is taking their shot at it just like Zuffa is. Fedor is a tool for M-1 as long as he keeps winning. The UFC wanted to use Fedor also because quite frankly, he is the most popular MMA fighter in the world globally. You have to stop thinking USA centric for a minute and think about the big picture globally.M-1 Global isn't just a name... and it's no coincidence that when Zuffa bought PRIDE, they renamed it PRIDE International. It really is about the bigger picture... and that's reflected in the lack of focus on high-quality domestic products LOL.

Of course... in America, wouldn't it be perceived as a conflict of interest for a fighter and his manager/agent both being partners in a company that in which that fighter actually fights?

What if Dana was Brock's manager/agent? If that's too crazy for you... what if Dana had still been Tito's manager in 2002-2003 when Tito was fighting random middleweights rather than defending his belt against Chuck? Or what if Dana had been Chuck's manager/agent during Chuck's stint as champ when Chuck was being spoon-fed guys who couldn't stand with him?

Here's Fedor and his manager/agent both with a major financial stake in co-promotions with actual, brick-and-mortar MMA orgs who court Fedor's services.In the U.S. it is illegal, in Nevada and several other states with athletic commissions, for the fight promoter to also be his manager. That's why Dana had to quit being Tito and Chuck's manager when Zuffa bought the UFC. That's why the U.S. athletic commissions don't allow this nonsense.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Fedor is a machine,

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was really, really looking forward to Fedor going in the UFC and demolishing every heavyweight they could throw at him. But once again too many damn egos have gotten in the way.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HTML:
There really is NO competition for Fedor in Strikeforce.
It's a guarantied paycheck for a few walks in the park.
HTML:

Agree 100%

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My source...LA Times, ESPN.com

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I was really, really looking forward to Fedor going in the UFC and demolishing every heavyweight they could throw at him. But once again too many damn egos have gotten in the way.
:+1:

And I hate to say it, but Fedor is getting older...some of these UFC guys are pretty young. He would have a bit of competition for sure...but I would have liked to have seen him in the UFC years ago when he was a younger fighter. Dana's ego is a bit much...he hates him but he wants him. If he can get him he'll love him. If he can't he will continue to throw temper tantrums until (he's hoping) gets his way. I have heard Dana talk at times and he sounded like a nice guy...and at other times he is just a prick. But he has done huge things with UFC, so I guess it is to be expected.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts