Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my Barnett one with a cheaper outlaw one for the mean time, I saw some good reviews on them. But it slips in fourth if I'm really hard into it after like 4k. I replaced plates, friction plates and springs. I'm also a big guy 6'4 280 so definitely putting more stress on the clutch at higher speeds than a normal guy. I only put 200miles on this clutch so idk if it's broken in yet, but I don't see the top of fourth often on the street (130mph+) so it's not too big of a deal but I don't like the idea that I can't use my whole bike.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Give Dewayne at cycle concepts a call. He sells a very good clutch man.

·
Registered
75 Posts
clutch

I think you had the strongest clutch in there with the Barnett. I was breaking plates in my dragbike so I went with Barnett Kevlar plates never had another problem. I'm a big guy to 6'4" and 255 in leathers.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Is your clutch lever adjusted correctly?

I have the EBC SRC clutch with a 1st gen spring plate. Been to the track numerous times and clutched up plenty of wheelies with no problems.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Indeed. If you're at stock power levels and wheelbase, slightly stronger springs should be all you need to keep it from slipping... even stockers shouldn't let you drive through it. I would be checking engagement and stack height first..... a stock clutch with good springs can hold a shit load of torque if it's functioning properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts