Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Are you talking about DSBAT I think he also put a 150 shot on stock rods and drop in pistons with a 2nd gen
YUP. I agree that forced induction is easier on parts than nitrous too. 100hp of boost doesn't scare me much on stock zx10r parts. 100hp of nitrous would make me nervous....... but I don't know much about nitrous on stock parts past a 40 shot. :) That's why I'm really into this thread.

We need a "spray the house down" Smiley Emote.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I guess the reality of it is u can do whatever u want to them it's just how long before it breaks Jeff (jnm) told me not to kill it on stock rods but I've seen guys spray 80/100 on them but ? Is for how long every situation is gonna be different fuel tune how long on full shot but I know the guys I know with stock bottom ends with big shots can't beat my lil 40 shot

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
YUP. I agree that forced induction is easier on parts than nitrous too. 100hp of boost doesn't scare me much on stock zx10r parts. 100hp of nitrous would make me nervous....... but I don't know much about nitrous on stock parts past a 40 shot. :) That's why I'm really into this thread.

We need a "spray the house down" Smiley Emote.
Nitrous is better as it will allow the bike to last longer.

Think of it this way, if the supercharger or turbo is running 15lbs of boost everyday, cruising or racing or getting back and forth to work that is a lot of wear and tear.

Nitrous you can use it when ever you want then ride daily without any added pressure to the motor.

Weekend warrior,nitrous is perfect...

I have ran 50 on stock motor tuned every weekend (2-5 times) for a long time with no issues

I am adding a 35 shot to my street bike for an added boost if needed, but right now I have yet to meet that bike that I will need it...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It always happens

And that's what it is, for sure

Tech5 said:
Tell you what, I'll boost 100hp on pump gas and you spray 100hp on pump gass, both ON STOCK PARTS. We'll both ride them everyday and see which one lasts longer. I know where I'll put my money. Shit, the amount of cash I'd spend filling bottles would pay for another motor build.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Ill take the nitrous my boi has a zx10 just like mine but turbo and ill smash that junk

I didn't say quicker... just last longer and be able to use it more. Someone trying to tell me that nitrous HP is easier on parts than the same forced induction HP is crazyness though, that's all I was trying to say.

And I'll tell you the same thing I told Bloo. I'll put my turbo C14 up against your bike in a race: First person to Alaska wins. :badteeth:

In all seriousness though, how fast could you be on a well set-up turbo bike? Have you got to try it out? it's fun as all hell. :thumbsup: Nitrous is perfect for a strip-only bike, but it's just too much of a PITA for a daily-driver in my experience.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I knew it was coming it was a bone stock motor, however with rods, pistons, and valve springs it would have lived. I don't think nitrous is a issue with a streetbike tho

·
Registered
360 Posts
We have been spraying my buds bike yes a small shot but for six years now all stock motor just Valve springs. Bro I get what ur sayin But u still disagree I have and have built many turbo cars seven second cars And nitrous cars nitrous when done right will live just as long especially progressive

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
No doubt... nitrous is awesome. And done right it can live..... lots of people prove that. It's just more violent and hard on parts... all I'm sayin'. Good progressive controls and such stuff helps, but the cylinder pressure spike is nasty on parts. Nitrous pistons were always designed a little different/thicker above the wristpin for just that reason. It gets a bad rap because it's easier to get wrong and blow shit all to pieces. Turbo's do that too... but it takes more to get it wrong IMO. I guess it's kind of stupid of me to run either on stock parts, but that's my budget/what I have to work with.

In the end I agree with you. It's better for drag racing. If you build it right it can be pretty reliable. With the right controls it can be manageable. Less complicated to set-up and run. All true. But it's still harder on parts (just becuase it's harder doesn't mean that it's always going to break though, don't get me wrong). All you guys are way faster than me out at the strip; I have nothing to tell you about that. But 10-20K miles a year on the street, per bike (2, maybe 3 bikes if it's a good year), every day rain/shine/snow, on stock motors is a little different. We might screw around and do a dozen little roll races or a top speed run while riding 200 miles in a day. Hell, it's a 100 mile ride one way TO my 'local' drag strip. Even if they made a bottle big enough for all that every day I don't think an 80 shot on stock internals would last as long as 80hp on boost would. Nevermind how much I'd spend filling bottles that often. I guess if I could afford that I could afford the parts/rebuilds/controls to make it more reliable too. It's just two different worlds.

But I bet you're fast on a turbo bike too. Don't lie. ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh ya. I agree with a lot of what u r sayin. And u gotta do what I like n makes I happy. I never think my opinion is better or more right than anyone else's its just mine. Lol. The bottle filling for the st gets old that's why my cars have boost. Never raced a turbo bike on track only on st but don't think I'm as good at it as others or as I am on a nitrous bike. Bit takes a different type of riding/rider. As far as some guys being faster that doesn't make our/ their words any more important than yours sir

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
That makes sense.... I barely run my car anywhere and it has 175 shot. The bikes are everyday and they are boosted. Go figure.

Lauching a stock wheelbase turbo bike is fun, if not an exercise in stupid. Someday I'll have a dedicated drag bike and really get to learn the long/low style of going quick... just gotta get the $$$. No one around here does that, or is even remotely quick on a streetbike; it's going to be a helluva learning experience. I'll admit I'd set a bike up like that on spray before I'd boost it..... it just makes more sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Think of it this way, if the supercharger or turbo is running 15lbs of boost everyday, cruising or racing or getting back and forth to work that is a lot of wear and tear.

Nitrous you can use it when ever you want then ride daily without any added pressure to the motor.

Weekend warrior,nitrous is perfect...

I have ran 50 on stock motor tuned every weekend (2-5 times) for a long time with no issues

I am adding a 35 shot to my street bike for an added boost if needed, but right now I have yet to meet that bike that I will need it...
You dont run on boost all the time 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ only when load is applied (% × speed)

61 - 79 of 79 Posts