Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out the safe or not so safe limit on the stock rods n pistons. When I first joined 10.net their was a guy on here saying he put a 100 shot on stock motors (valve springs of course) all time as long as u progressed it in. I'm temped to try this theory out, just wondering who on here is spraying big?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spraying a 50 right now but I got some trash in the line cause I'm not gaining mph but emptying the bottle. I'm gonna put bigger pill in it and re do my setup.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I sprayed a 40 pill dry rail across the 4 tb's n my busa for over a year was a stock internally minus cams. No problems at all. Tranny went tho...

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think the question should be how long will it last? If you tune it fat and pull some timing you could spray 75 shot for a season.engine usually only last a season if you ride hard anyways.just keep an eye on the oil....I always pull the pan during oil changes so I can see how the bearings are doing

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the question should be how long will it last? If you tune it fat and pull some timing you could spray 75 shot for a season.engine usually only last a season if you ride hard anyways.just keep an eye on the oil....I always pull the pan during oil changes so I can see how the bearings are doing
I don't expect it to live long lol just have the stuff laying around to experiment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
u dont need a big shot to go fast on a 04-05 zx10 if its a stock motor u r limited anyways the big shots will just slow u down anyways ive put up 172mph with a 40 shot on a performance first bar with nx solenoid 900 psi bottle pressure

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't expect it to live long lol just have the stuff laying around to experiment.
I firmly believe some of the coolest/fastest shit happens when people have a motor they don't give a damn about blowing up. I think the only reason my motor is still alive is because I have a spare on the bench with better parts... it's got something to prove. :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a experiment, I've seen 14's and busa's take a 120+ on bone stock motors. I'm just curious I had a buddy do the same on a gix 1k and it didn't work out well motors usually lasted a night he said.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Just a experiment, I've seen 14's and busa's take a 120+ on bone stock motors. I'm just curious I had a buddy do the same on a gix 1k and it didn't work out well motors usually lasted a night he said.
Yea... I'd like to know too honestly. It seems like the limit is more in the tune up than in the parts. 100hp worth of nitrous is a lot to ask out of stock parts though, heheheh.

·
Registered
772 Posts
u dont need a big shot to go fast on a 04-05 zx10 if its a stock motor u r limited anyways the big shots will just slow u down anyways ive put up 172mph with a 40 shot on a performance first bar with nx solenoid 900 psi bottle pressure
I call bullshit

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea... I'd like to know too honestly. It seems like the limit is more in the tune up than in the parts. 100hp worth of nitrous is a lot to ask out of stock parts though, heheheh.
I got the bright I idea cause a blown up 14 came in the shop, I put the motor in myself bone stock no valve springs or nothing just a pc3. We made some dyno pulls and the customer wanted to jet up, we ended up make 292 hp on a dry kit (mps spyder). Its been together few about two months now, I'm actually looking for a 14 to do the same exact thing too but with valve springs and studs. Since I didn't have any luck parting my bike out, I'd figured fuck it lets play and blow some shit up.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts