Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm big on waving at every bike I see on the road (when possible at least). Yeah sure there are plenty of cruisers out there that don't wave back, but a good share do. Hell, there is even a fair share of fellow sportbike riders that don't wave back either. Here's my point though. Me and the three main guys I ride with started paying a little more attention this year because we had a theory. As it turns out, our theory was correct. All summer long, not a one of us can remember a single wave, or even a head nod from a Gold Wing. NOT A ONE!!! What the hell is up with that?!

I'm into the whole wave thing because I feel it shows unity among us riders. I dig it even more when I imagine that one of the cagers seeing us do it could very well be one of those jerkoffs that would love to see bikes banned all together.

Then you got these cats that obviously took an oath at signing to never lift a finger off the grip to wave at anything less than another $30K Gold Wing.

Then again, maybe it's just here. Maybe it's just by chance that we've missed seeing the vast majority that do wave. Heck, I don't know. Maybe it's just bedtime and I'm grumpy. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
hmmm.....never paid attention....my neighbor rides a wing....pretty cool guy though

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
My dad rides a wing, and isnt like that....so i dunno....he only paid 16k for his though....maybe thats why he is cheerful enough to wave :thumbsup: :crackup:

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
I guess the majority of em dont wanna have to put down their drink and get all uncomfy just to wave...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, if I had a couple of cup holders, a six-disk cd changer, and all the other bells and whistles those bad boys come with I'd most likely be to busy to wave too I guess. Yeah, maybe that's it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Goldwings are pretty friendly around here man, it's the Harleys that have their thumb shoved up their ass. Oh well, maybe some day I'll be bad to the bone too and then I won't waive at sport bikes. Haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My theory is that after 450 miles before lunch time their arms have completely fallen asleep and they death grip applied to the "tiller" is not releasable without a blow torch and a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Its mostly the hardly riders here that think their shat don't stink. I have a friend that went from a zx11 to a wing and is still a cool cat.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
^^ changeup...haha.....11 to a wing......crazy talk....

·
Registered
956 Posts
ballzman said:
Goldwings are pretty friendly around here man, it's the Harleys that have their thumb shoved up their ass. Oh well, maybe some day I'll be bad to the bone too and then I won't waive at sport bikes. Haha.
:+1: :iamwithst

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
now that i think about it, around here, everyone waves or doesnt with no bearing to their make of bike....some harley guys wave, some dont, some cruisers do, some dont...one thing i noticed, that the packs tend to wave...i gotta say, sometimes i'm feeling agitated myself and i blow off guys as well...depends on my mood... sometimes i'm like "hey brother" other times i'm thinkin "i'm too busy riding to wave" ...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Damn, I can't ever remember a Gold Wing rider not waving to me! Must be the area your in or something. I find them to be some of the absolute friendliest riders on the road. I actually make sure I go outta my way to wave to 'Wing riders because of that.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That is odd, around here they not only wave, but they all have those open face helmets with microphones and they turn their heads with a big grin and wave like my 4 year old.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
NATOR said:
Damn, I can't ever remember a Gold Wing rider not waving to me! Must be the area your in or something. I find them to be some of the absolute friendliest riders on the road. I actually make sure I go outta my way to wave to 'Wing riders because of that.
Winger's always give the wave down here. The Hardley guys will sometimes throw you a wave, if they are by themselves, but in a group they are are too cool to even acknowledge you.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
sometimes i not paying attention when i'm on a highway and they pass by, because i'm focused on what's beside, behind, and in front of me

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool, maybe it's just here. Another thing, there isn't really a lot of Gold Wing's here either. Hell, I could be seeing the same 10 guys over and over again.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just about everybody waves here. I guess the good old southern hospitality hasn't been totally displaced yet by all the Yankees moving in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well

I ride a GoldWing and I wave. Of course my 'Wing didn't cost as much as most but it is cool nonetheless. Here is a pic. If I don't wave it's because I didn't see you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I don't wave when i'm doing 160 Kph looking through a corner, and i don't expect any other to do the same, but otherwise, seen you there brother! Great day for it not? :hello:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts