Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im getting more and more into drag racing, but still want it streetable....so far ive been told by everyone and their mother to do the clutch mod but cant get a straight answer on what it is. so that leads me here, can someone please explain this CLUTCH mod i need to do. thankyou in advance and all links to purchase parts is a great help as well

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You have the BEST clutch in the gen 1, the clutch mod is for other gens to put a 1st gen clutch in there bike. No clutch mod needed on the first gen besides maybe heavier springs

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I was told by a well known drag racer of Kawasakis to replace every other spring with a GSXR1000 spring!.not all the springs........but every other spring!.and always buy factory plates and fibers....not to go aftermarket!.........hope this helps!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so heavier springs is something i need?? id imagine that just helps with the clamping pressure? where might i aquire some of these heavier springs

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
so heavier springs is something i need?? id imagine that just helps with the clamping pressure? where might i aquire some of these heavier springs
yep and check out brocks performance for the springs. im runnin a set with stock clutch plates and its working nicely.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just checked their site and they dont make them for our year bike so what springs might you be running??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok, they screw right in?? what is the basic need for better springs?? like that am i going to gain from this if ya dont mind taking a second and explaining it to me

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
yes they go right in. you will get a better clutch grab/lever feel and i seen a slight mph increase with em.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very nice, so just the springs is all i need, i dont need the cushions?? ordering springs now i think, gotta check with the banker lol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I was told by a well known drag racer of Kawasakis to replace every other spring with a GSXR1000 spring!.not all the springs........but every other spring!.and always buy factory plates and fibers....not to go aftermarket!.........hope this helps!
That use to be the case, until dwayne at concept cycles started selling his drag pak, it is a better clutch that OEM, drag racer or not.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
very nice, so just the springs is all i need, i dont need the cushions?? ordering springs now i think, gotta check with the banker lol
yep thats all you need. brock dont offer a clutch cushion kit for the 1st gens.

That use to be the case, until dwayne at concept cycles started selling his drag pak, it is a better clutch that OEM, drag racer or not.
:+2:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I had a stiffer spring every other one and shims on all of them and it was great! but cycle concepts makes one HELL OF A CLUTCH!!! I won't buy anywhere else after having one

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
NOTHING, just call dwayne and tell him you want a first gen clutch with judder steel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts