Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I low sided last friday and the bike has a lot of cosmetic damage the worst being the tank. Thank god I put the frame sider on that I bought the same day. So I'm going to be upgrading it when I fix it next year most likely all carbon fibre fairings with a custom vinyl. But so I don't do any further damage what do I need to do? Its kept in my dry storage, should I drain the fuel or just put in like stable in the tank? What else should be done I'll post up pictures later.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/IMG]

If the mirror hadn't broken the right fairing its practically untouched the fairing that is.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
you know looking at it, its not really all that bad, but those frame sliders didnt do shit LOL, I have put cages on all my bikes and most people lol or say your adding weight, but it saves your bike from ever looking like this!!! I just ordered my cages and cant wait to get them!!! But best thing for you to do if your putting it in storage or something for a year before you can fix it, go buy a front wheel chock and rear stand and there you go!!!!

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually the frame sliders did there job. I haven't cleaned the bike yet so theres alot of dust and dirt from when it slid through grass and rocks. if it had just been on asphalt there would have been alot less damage. I crash because I was running to much tire pressure so not enough contact patch. Why do you suggest front and rear stands? There is absolutely no moisture in my storage.

·
5,932 Posts
No no

not front and rear stands, I said a wheel chock like this with a rear stand, only reason I say get it off your kickstand is cause you never know if some odd reason it could fall over. Say you leave for 6 months or something and the bikes in storage wouldnt you like to know that its not going to fall over....Keeps the bike upright too...

Attachments

·
5,932 Posts
are you kidding me, I will say this for you ok. I was in the army ok, I went to iraq for over a year and left my bike in a climate controlled storage unit on my kickstand and when I came home and opened up my unit the bike was laying on its side. The person nexted to me had been moving heavy stuff I'm guessing it cause my bikes kickstand to give out. With this you would never have to worry about that kind of stuff. Get my point!!!

·
5,932 Posts
Its a big one!!! Happened to me, could happen to you. How I always say it better safe then sorry. Would you of rather invested a couple hundred dollars and know your bikes 100% fine or just throw it in the storage unit and hope for the best. Its your decision and "bike" so do what you want, I'm just here to give you my opinion!!!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Been planning on getting one of these for my trailor! I think harbor freight has a good deal on them?

not front and rear stands, I said a wheel chock like this with a rear stand, only reason I say get it off your kickstand is cause you never know if some odd reason it could fall over. Say you leave for 6 months or something and the bikes in storage wouldnt you like to know that its not going to fall over....Keeps the bike upright too...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Its a big one!!! Happened to me, could happen to you. How I always say it better safe then sorry. Would you of rather invested a couple hundred dollars and know your bikes 100% fine or just throw it in the storage unit and hope for the best. Its your decision and "bike" so do what you want, I'm just here to give you my opinion!!!
Dam,, never thought that could happen.. But After reading it has I`ll take note of it, thanks..

BTW Got a link for where you ordered the Cage ?? Thanks :smile:

·
Registered
262 Posts
thats nice but again why
lol the guys just trying to answer your questions about what you should do for storage... in my opinion, and what i would do is put your battery on a tender jr, put the bike on stands so the tires aren't sitting on on the ground and create flat spots, also good to decompress your suspension although the tires are more important to get off the ground than the suspension, put some fuel stabil in your tank cover your exhaust outlet to keep spiders out throw a cover on it and call it a day... :hello:

·
Registered
778 Posts
lol the guys just trying to answer your questions about what you should do for storage... in my opinion, and what i would do is put your battery on a tender jr, put the bike on stands so the tires aren't sitting on on the ground and create flat spots, also good to decompress your suspension although the tires are more important to get off the ground than the suspension, put some fuel stabil in your tank cover your exhaust outlet to keep spiders out throw a cover on it and call it a day... :hello:
:iamwithst
except one more thing, i always use fogging oil on my sled, race cars, and bike...fogging oil is an oil you spray in the intake while its running and what it does is it coats the cylinder walls with oil so that way hen you start it up next year you don't have dry spots in your cylinders(ruining your rings or cylinder wall)...i don't know how critical this is on these bikes but i know on my sled if you don't your flirting with disaster!

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Been planning on getting one of these for my trailor! I think harbor freight has a good deal on them?
Yeah I got mine at harbor freight. Bolted it down to the floor of the trailer and hauled the bike to NC without any issues. Used tied downs with it of course.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
in my opinion, and what i would do is put your battery on a tender jr, put the bike on stands so the tires aren't sitting on on the ground and create flat spots, also good to decompress your suspension although the tires are more important to get off the ground than the suspension, put some fuel stabil in your tank cover your exhaust outlet to keep spiders out throw a cover on it and call it a day
:+2: I would recommend the the same.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
There are only two problems with cages on bikes like this:
1- Most cages, especially Powers and Freestyle Ingenuity, greatly decrease lean angle. Back when I was a super squid I could still scrape the Freestyle Ingenuity cage on my 636.
2- In a fast wreck a cage will most likely cause a back to roll like a log. A bike tumbling down the road does a lot more damage than one sliding on it's plastic.

I'm definitely not downing cages, but on a nice bike for taking turns at high speed they are not worth it, they are more useful for slow stunting where there is not much inertia to roll the bike after an initial impact.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts