Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can honestly say I have been searching for this answer for like 3 weeks everywhere I keep finding different answers and opinions, but I have yet to find a thread where some one basically said that this swap is possible and all bolt on meaning I'm not going to have to be shaving any parts or welding or trimming.

I know the frame is pretty much the same from 04-09 so basically if the sub frames still have the same mounting positions from 04-05 to 06-07 then I really think this should work no problem. I mean basically the tanks are identical, the frame was the same so I don't see why this wouldn't work.

The only reason I'm asking is because I don't want to go buy all this stuff on eBay and spend 500 bucks only to find out its going to need a lot of custom fabrication.

Also if anyone here has an 04-05 and an 05-06 i would be willing to pay pal you like 30 bucks just to spend the afternoon and see if it will. this is if you post some detailed pictures to prove it,

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^^I have seen many threads about tails getting changed etc. Did you have to change out the rear sub-frame and it bolted right up?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Damn no shit, and the sub-frame just bolted right up...I have a 3rd gen but I like to here and learn everything I can...GOOD SHIT MAN, nice bike by the way!! Are you going to powder coat the swing arm or leave it polished to look more gp styled?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh dude you just made me the happiest guy in the world. ive seriously spent like the last 3 hours doing like 5 million different searches trying to find the answer to this. Hey since you might know. What do I have to do to put the rest of the gen 2 fairings on? like headlight upper mid lowers?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
oh dude you just made me the happiest guy in the world. ive seriously spent like the last 3 hours doing like 5 million different searches trying to find the answer to this. Hey since you might know. What do I have to do to put the rest of the gen 2 fairings on? like headlight upper mid lowers?
Mids, upper and lowers I am not %100 sure but I think you might have to do custom mounting for those pieces. Talk to garth285 he has done a full 06-07 fairing swap on his 04 http://zx-10r.net/forum/member.php?u=4111

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mids, upper and lowers I am not %100 sure but I think you might have to do custom mounting for those pieces. Talk to garth285 he has done a full 06-07 fairing swap on his 04 http://zx-10r.net/forum/member.php?u=4111
yeah see I'm really thinking that since the frames are like identical on these bikes all you'll really need to do is get the ram air tube, upper fairing stay, and then get all the fairings. Although I do imagine that possibly I might need to fab my own brackets for the mids, since they do connect to like the case covers and I know the engine design is different, but other than that I think the rest of it should be pretty straight forward. I guess I need to find a local guy that's willing to let me take apart his bike for the afternoon.

Im dying to order a complete set of the european raw titanium fairings that the second gens came with. Babbits advertises them on their micro fish but I'm not sure if they can actually order them or if only European dealers can get them.

Yeah as much as I love my 05 10-r this is 2009 and motorcycles evolve very fast. Id like to keep the looks updated for as long as possible you know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts