Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer in St. Louis has 4 (well 3 now) brand new, never serviced in, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100's. 2 Standards and 2 S models. I'm picking up an 1100S this week. I thought the advertisement was a misprint... I was sure it should read 2018, not 2008. But, it's legit. I called them and asked what the deal was. They were never sold and apparently, they never adjusted the pricing "enough" to sell them. So they sat in the back and the newer stuff rolled on by. I've seen some pretty old bikes in dealerships before, but not 10 y.o. bikes! They decided to drop the price significantly. Like, really close to what a used one sells for. I've been shopping them for about a year. I just can't get happy with a 939 or the price of a 939. If you've never ridden an 1100 Hyper, it's a blast. I'm pretty excited to get it and start modding it. Hoping to take it to Arkansas in about 3 weeks for the spring bike trip.

So, the factory warranty still applies. I got them to throw in a new set of tires. They actually thought 10 year old tires were ok to run?? I lol'd at that. The Pirelli rep told them "without heat cycles, they are fine to run". Amazingly ridiculous.

For the record, I previously owned a 2008 Standard Hyper 1100. I sold it after 2 years as I was very focused on the track at the time. I didn't ride it as much as I'd like. I wanted a 600 and it made sense at the time. I regretted selling it the minute it rolled out of the garage.

Anyway, not something you see everyday. $1000 off that price, including a new set of Pilot RS tires!

https://www.donelsoncycles.com/inventory/2008-ducati-hypermotard-1100-s-saint-ann-mo-63074-1127427i

Reactions: Neonmarine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice,, how does it compare to the KTM.
There prob wasnt a KTM back then

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had every intention of buying the 1290 SD. The money though. I just happened across this deal and it makes sense financially. I don’t think there is a comparison to the SD. Two completely different bikes. I’d like to own both.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And there is a brand new 2008 Hypermotard.

Attachments

Reactions: badexample

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on an Arkansas trip and a track day! No way I'm keeping this thing sitting still!

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Duc was focused upon selling the company; They hired teams to run the USA promoting test rides. And had a zillon bikes all over; Company sold but don't recall the year; do a search, might be around 2012 ors so.

Bottom line is the Duc factory pumped out a ton of bikes; your dealer said what you reported but more likely the bikes were dumped on him last month; check pricing of your 2008 as I suspect you paid more than '08 pricing, but all good.

Rossi was part of the Duc sell build up, if I recall and Hayden, but not sure of timing.

Hope the bike fits your need.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, as usual your suspicions are incorrect. I paid pretty close to HALF of what it originally cost. Which also happens to be, pretty close to what they sell for fairly used at this point. The bottom on these 1100 air cooled hyper's is around $6k for a standard that's not beat to shit. This is an S model with all the cool guy crap. It's bottom is around $7k. I'm very comfortable with what I bought it for.

The bikes were not dumped on them. They've been sitting in their very large store. They over ordered in 08' then the economic cr'apocalypse happened. I was told they rarely discount their inventory. They figured 10 years was long enough. I got the entire story on them. 55 year old store, original owners to boot. Nice folks.

Not my first Hyper either. This pic is 9 years ago. I should have never sold her.

Attachments

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Yea, as usual your suspicions are incorrect. I paid pretty close to HALF of what it originally cost. Which also happens to be, pretty close to what they sell for fairly used at this point. The bottom on these 1100 air cooled hyper's is around $6k for a standard that's not beat to shit. This is an S model with all the cool guy crap. It's bottom is around $7k. I'm very comfortable with what I bought it for.

The bikes were not dumped on them. They've been sitting in their very large store. They over ordered in 08' then the economic cr'apocalypse happened. I was told they rarely discount their inventory. They figured 10 years was long enough. I got the entire story on them. 55 year old store, original owners to boot. Nice folks.

Not my first Hyper either. This pic is 9 years ago. I should have never sold her.
hypers and ducs are fantastic track bikes for track addicts.

Ask Rossi.

Do not respond to anything I say ever.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tore up some Arkansas raceway this weekend. Mostly uneventful weekend. 400 miles total. 2 GoPro's committed to the road side gods. Draggin knee on the Tard was hella fun!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts