Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The race season has started, well on the west coast anyway. So,what's new? Anybody been to the strip, let's hear about those slips.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Race season has kicked off for couple months now here in south but the weather hasnt been so great. My best et swb this year has been [email protected], 1.56 60ft have been 6.08 with better weather.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZX racer- I'm going to assume that's 1/8 mi run? Nice looking numbers

bgmagma- that is an 8sec bracket bike, consistent is spot on! Killin that 60!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
ZX racer- I'm going to assume that's 1/8 mi run? Nice looking numbers

bgmagma- that is an 8sec bracket bike, consistent is spot on! Killin that 60!
Thanks man! I REALLY need a shock. It's been more than 10 1.29 60's now and 4-6 1.28's just not consistently. I will say though, for a stock clutch with stiff springs these bikes are easy as hell to ride!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Man you need one!! I'm telling you 1441's busa's are fast but the gen2 14 is "stock bike" smooth. Have you rode any gen 2's?
Sadly, no... the turbo Connie is as close as I've come. I've been eyeballing them, but I promised myself no more new bikes until I finish the 10R..... and to be perfectly honest I'd probably pull the trigger on an H2 first.... but that's more of an emotional decision than a competitive one. But I do WANT one, though, heheh.

Keep doin' work on that thing man! You should be taking home some bracket/gambler money with that one. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'll be burning the MR12 this weekend hopefully. Saw a lot of gold flakes in my oil when I changed it. Not sure if it's bc of a new clutch or other problems. Bike only had 2900 miles on it

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no copper in a clutch, crank or rod bearings only scource. if a lot, easily visable, u have a bearing failing.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OOOOHHH, copper flakes has potential for bad things to happen.

I'm still waiting on my clutch to show up and i'm struggling to not go to the track this weekend and work on my license.
My bike as 11k miles on stock clutch and basket. How hard can the stockers be pushed before you worry about breaking rivets and ruining things?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Hey BG I just bought a ZX14 read here http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/new-sheriff-town-314625.html

:thumbsup:

Bloo
Man thats awesome!! You are gonna love that thing!!! Well in straight line anyway :)

Sadly, no... the turbo Connie is as close as I've come. I've been eyeballing them, but I promised myself no more new bikes until I finish the 10R..... and to be perfectly honest I'd probably pull the trigger on an H2 first.... but that's more of an emotional decision than a competitive one. But I do WANT one, though, heheh.

Keep doin' work on that thing man! You should be taking home some bracket/gambler money with that one. :)
Man.... I know the struggle. I really wanted an H2, but i'm really wondering how long those motors will really last? The stock supercharged thing is really cool, but after seeing RG only go 8.20's on a $60 bike I think i'm good. Now don't get me wrong, if I had a bunch of money to blow I would totally buy one. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ur ok to run a while on that stk. clutch/basket. hammer it, ur not gonna break it with those miles. suggest little more gear if still running 16/43 on that gen 3. 16/45 will work well. should drop et/raise mph. good luck.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Man.... I know the struggle. I really wanted an H2, but i'm really wondering how long those motors will really last? The stock supercharged thing is really cool, but after seeing RG only go 8.20's on a $60 bike I think i'm good. Now don't get me wrong, if I had a bunch of money to blow I would totally buy one. :badteeth:
Yea... if I wanted to compete/track only bike I'd buy a new 14R without hesitation... you guys are just flyin' on those things. Supercharged bikes are fast, but they really aren't for drag racing... I kinda figured that out the hard way. The H2 isn't about that IMO... it's about being an awesome streetbike. A little spray or boost thrown on a 14R is going to kill just about anything at the strip.

I think the motors will last a while so long as people take care of them. Guys leaving as hard as RG does may have oiling issues on stock parts, but that's more gravity's fault then the bikes. :badteeth: Superchargers are pretty easy on the motor/tune the way they make power.... hell, more new R1's have blown up than H2's at this point, right? :thefinger_red:

The real solution is to get off my ass and start making some money.... then buy both. ;)

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Yea... if I wanted to compete/track only bike I'd buy a new 14R without hesitation... you guys are just flyin' on those things. Supercharged bikes are fast, but they really aren't for drag racing... I kinda figured that out the hard way. The H2 isn't about that IMO... it's about being an awesome streetbike. A little spray or boost thrown on a 14R is going to kill just about anything at the strip.

I think the motors will last a while so long as people take care of them. Guys leaving as hard as RG does may have oiling issues on stock parts, but that's more gravity's fault then the bikes. :badteeth: Superchargers are pretty easy on the motor/tune the way they make power.... hell, more new R1's have blown up than H2's at this point, right? :thefinger_red:

The real solution is to get off my ass and start making some money.... then buy both. ;)
I totally hear that. An H2 would be the Pipe and basic bolt ons and enjoy kinda bike. I can only imagine how hard that thing pulls. If I had enough money, and self control I would buy one just for the street. I think you're right, they aren't ready for the stress from the track.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went to the track yesterday and made the necessary licensing passes. Here's my best runs. After the clutch and hub are in, those 60's are coming down.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it's stretched about 8' with billet swingarm extensions, lowered with soupy's and strapped.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts