Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if you think this is a rant and i know its been stated before but If Kawi and Suzuki keep making there litre bikes just that much more powerful w/ ligher internals so they can rev just that much more and pull just that much harder that has to be an ending point. I mean think about it. How in the hell are they going to keep pursuing that 3-5 whp gain in 10 years? After theyve bored as much as they can, lightened everything up as much as they can to rev the shit out of it what are we going to be left with? Everybody driving the same "basic" shit that just happens to look different b/c of fairing choice? Just had to get that off my chest fellas....:rant:

·
Registered
723 Posts
low10 said:
Sorry if you think this is a rant and i know its been stated before but If Kawi and Suzuki keep making there litre bikes just that much more powerful w/ ligher internals so they can rev just that much more and pull just that much harder that has to be an ending point. I mean think about it. How in the hell are they going to keep pursuing that 3-5 whp gain in 10 years? After theyve bored as much as they can, lightened everything up as much as they can to rev the shit out of it what are we going to be left with? Everybody driving the same "basic" shit that just happens to look different b/c of fairing choice? Just had to get that off my chest fellas....:rant:

Anit-gravity, hydrogen powered, jet bikes?! :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
^^^^I'm sure they thought the same thing when the 69' Camaro came out too......

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Riddick said:
Anit-gravity, hydrogen powered, jet bikes?! :dontknow:
f'sho..:ayyy:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
ZXTOM said:
^^^^I'm sure they thought the same thing when the 69' Camaro came out too......

:+1: Technology marches on for sure. Looking back a that vintage Camaro, a lot of folks thought that that was the end all. Not even close.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Go and find the old edition of "BIKE" magazine where they review the kawasaki mach 1 triple. They say alot of the same stuff they say now. How fast can they get? Its too much for the road. They are all the same etc. Things move onwards all the time.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I :dontknow: what the future holds but since 1975 i have asked myself as well as buddies 'whats next', just how far can they go, and inevitably technology continues to march forward ever so slightly year after year.

BD

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
It would not surprise me if the premium sportbike class eventually moves down in displacement.

It has happened before. For years, the open bikes were 1100cc, then it dropped to 1000cc. With MotoGP going to 800cc, that may be a hint of things to come.

A knee jerk reaction is to assume that this is a "bad" thing. Think of the GSXR1000 and what it replaced, and tell me whether that was a "bad" thing!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
First of all engines, electronics and other parts of bikes will become more complex (an old engine vs. M5 engine). Then, as engines become more efficient and complex many other technologies from cars will be used on bikes (probably superchargers or turbochargers, not aggressive like the aftermarket ones though). One great challenge for the industry will be the emission and safety laws which keep getting more and more strict.

Basically race machines of old times (both racecars and bikes) are the consumer products of today so i belive the trend will continue, it won't be long before manufacturers sell bikes like yamaha M1 to public. Look at the latest ducati desmowhatever it is called.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Look at the MotoGP machines; 990 cc's, 250 rwhp and 325 lbs. They have the technology already to blow the machines we drive out of the water. They just have to figure out how to make that technology affordable.

One of our 150 hp, 420 lbs. bikes probablly would have taken a few $100k to build 30 years ago, now we can pick one up for $10,000.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts