Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is sitting at 59in (3.3in over) and last weekend I ran [email protected] (wheelie 1.64 60') [email protected] (stayed down 1.67 60') and a [email protected] (big wheelie 1.76 60'). Those runs are with 15/45 gearing so it was a handfull, but I think it will fly soon as I change the sprocket. What are you guys running near 60 inches and under? What gearing as well?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I did 6.51 @ 119 SWB 16/39 gearing. It had a little more in it, but I ended up going long.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cook. Nola I was at your track friday night, I was hoping to catch up with ya. I didn't bring my bike tho, I know I could have beat up on a few busa's I seen out there.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Nice, shoot me a PM next time you come our here.

Sent from Android phone via Motorcycle.com app.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Good work:thumbsup: and i like that arm....im looking for one for next season myself....dme or mcintosh...want aluminum.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I wish I had the skill and parts you guys do lol. I havent gotten 6s yet, but Im trying. Also being foolish and going swb, stock height, gearing and no strap.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had the skill and parts you guys do lol. I havent gotten 6s yet, but Im trying. Also being foolish and going swb, stock height, gearing and no strap.

Thanks KE. OP I ran 7.20 bone stock and up in the air, then went 6.70's lowered and 16t sprocket.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Thanks KE. OP I ran 7.20 bone stock and up in the air, then went 6.70's lowered and 16t sprocket.
Yeah, my best was 7.203. I want to hit 7 flat though. Pipe, Air Filter and a Downloaded DJ Map on the PCIII. I know I need to drop 1 tooth on the front, lower and strap it. I would easily be dominating everything that comes to the strip with that setup.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just changed to a 43t on the back, now its 15/43 and around 59 and some change long. I'm hoping to beat that 6.16 and go some 6.0's

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What rpm are you leavin at? How far are you out before you get off the clutch?
I've only got 3 passes on this set up, so I'm still trying to figure out what it wants. I tried 5.5,6, 6.5 and it wheeliein instantly, I'm leaving low until I figure out what gearing I need. My best pass at this length I stayed on the clutch pretty far and rolled on the throttle slower it stayed on the ground and the 60 foot was shity, but it ran on the big end.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
This is probably the most respectable E.T. bike, but I don't think it's a 59in bike.

Attachments

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I've only got 3 passes on this set up, so I'm still trying to figure out what it wants. I tried 5.5,6, 6.5 and it wheeliein instantly, I'm leaving low until I figure out what gearing I need. My best pass at this length I stayed on the clutch pretty far and rolled on the throttle slower it stayed on the ground and the 60 foot was shity, but it ran on the big end.
Its almost like you have to leave like your swb. I mean your leavin harder but you still have to really work the clutch. When its longer you didn't have to worry about it. Make sure your shock is set up right and work on your clutch hand. You'll get there man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its almost like you have to leave like your swb. I mean your leavin harder but you still have to really work the clutch. When its longer you didn't have to worry about it. Make sure your shock is set up right and work on your clutch hand. You'll get there man. :thumbsup:
I wanna develop a clutch hand before I go and get a lock up like everyone else. I seen a video of Richard Gadson going a 9.12 on a stock wheebase 3rd gen, so I wanna get this thing to go in the 8's no longer than 60 inches (thats my goal). You got any advise on shock setup??? Its a half turn soft on spring preload, comp full soft, and I cant remember rebound

1 - 20 of 25 Posts