Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering a 2004 ZX10 I found for sale locally. Its a 1 owner bike that has @6000 miles. It has been down but had only "cosmetic damage" which has been fixed.
What do you think?
Thanks!
-Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
At a dealership a bike like that would be about 6k. Privately, I would say 4300-5200 depending on the damage. This is also taking into account the fact that we are in the northeast and riding season is ending.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Hes asking $4500. Based on the pictures, the bike looks really good.
I havent seen it in person yet but, at $4500 its the cheapest '04/ '05 zx10 Ive seen that isnt a complete wreck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i just recently got a 05 with 5600 miles for 5000$ and there is absolutely no damage on it. Id say price out how much the damage will cost to fix and subtract that from 4500$. i would call whatever that amount comes out to a fair price.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just recently got a 05 with 5600 miles for 5000$ and there is absolutely no damage on it. Id say price out how much the damage will cost to fix and subtract that from 4500$. i would call whatever that amount comes out to a fair price.
I believe the damage has already been fixed.
Based on the fact the season is just about over, and it has been down, Im trying to get a determine if this is a good deal, a great deal, or just market value for a ZX10 of this condition.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
go check it out, take pics and report back...

we can be more help then, but that sounds like a good deal. Mods are also important.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yea id say 4500 is aight then. Id have to agree with lucky though. Its damn near impossable to get a 10 for 4000 or less, unless it needs repairs.

·
Registered
540 Posts
pictures are worth a thousand words.... post a pic. Hard to tell without looking at it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I would ask what kind of down.....meaning did it just fall over off the kickstand...did it go down hard on a 60mph turn but slid with frame sliders..ect. You really need to know what was replaced and most likely we can make a better estimate and of course Pictures with close ups of the frame as well. A 2004 really doesn't hold value but at the same time I believe it's the BEST BANG and FUN for the BUCK......NOTHING BEATS IT when you compare sales price for what you get!!! ....think about it a Motorcycle Over 5yrs old that can still hang with the latest and can do 186mph and 9sec 1/4 miles easy for under 5k ::wink::thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's about what I paid for mine. Minor cosmetic down, mostly stock, 8k miles. So yeah, that's a nice deal.

·
Registered
222 Posts
appears to be good deal. although you can get mint bikes for the same or just a bit more if you are patient. fairings have all been replaced as they are not paint-matched with the tank. him replacing all of them would seem to indicate more than just a tipover. I would inspect frame and swingarm closely and test ride if possible with money down. even a little parking lot puttering will help ID serious issues.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I bought my 1gen 10r for $5k even. She had 5500 on the clock, Goodridge SS lines front and rear, Galfer rotors on the front, Pazzo levers, PC3, full Akra exhaust, Racetech internals in the forks, Ohlins rear shock, Gilles rearsets, and some other extras. I literally POUNCED on the bike at that price. If it's clean, $4500 may be a good starting point, but I doubt the price would go much lower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts