Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello: I would like to know :what 's the best of all exhaust system in performance(HP MAX)?because on the Akra 's website ,the dynochart show a loss of torque in low and mid speed.
I would like to see the dynochart of Arata ,Micron or Muzzy to compare the HP MAX gain..

Thanks

Yvan :lol:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ok sorry but i dont have dyno charts to show you but heres what i have Micron vs acro. first 99percent of factory dyno charts are fugged. so dont believe the hype. ok so on. I was at the shop and 2 zx10s came in. well 1 got the full micro system the other was the acro. {I was about to buy a acro} The micro beat it....?!?!?! by 3 hp but acro is the shit isnt it....? the micron beat it within an hour now temp change or nothing, I was sooo Impressed i dropped almost $1200 for the micron and never looked back. now the cool part about micron. you can pick your flavor in color.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
re post sorry but thought it was important

Now micron openly admitted to me that there slipons were only good for like 2 or 3 HP the teck even said "yea we suck" lol i dont know what other slip ons do but hey...

·
Registered
215 Posts
From everything I've read and heard, and dyno charts I've seen, the top performers seem to be Arata, Akra, & Micron.

You can't go wrong with these. The difference is splitting hairs. I personally like the Arata because a PCIII is not a MUST.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
i dont have a pc3 but i will next week. so all my coments are based on what i have now. However i do know now im alil rich

·
Registered
477 Posts
Why isn't the PCIII a must on the Arata but is on the others? That's funny.
Yeah the Micron's I would have suggested would give you more h.p than the Akra, but I think The akra's are better made. Again, depending on the prices over there, I still think you're hard pushed beating the Arata for quality, performance and looks.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
WHAT????? 2 welds that are awsome and hell they hold the hanger on lol Everything else is hydroformed! no welds and funky shapes. AND i picked up a shit load of ponys. And look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Don't take what I said the wrong way, before I tested and saw the Arata's, I sold Micron systems more than anything else. BUT not talkin the pipework, but the mufflers. Seals blow in them alot, sometimes they aren't packed right etc. But like i said, I like them. And I agree and would have said so before hand that it would have made more h.p than the Akra. It's all cool. haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I 've see that the Akro is at 165,5 hp and tha Arata is at 166,6 hp then there 's all the same a difference but I don't have the others : Micron or Muzzy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
there isnt enough difference in them to notice anyhow, it'll just look pretty on paper. pick the one you prefer.

on another note i talked to a friend of mine who runs the Aprilia shop. said they dyno'd a stock 10 at 1200 miles.. then redyno'd at 5000 miles and the bike was making considerably more. added an akro slip on (and presumably a tune) and made 8whp.

·
Registered
477 Posts
sounds about right.
But there is enough difference to know they are different. The dyno runs only tell you the power the bike makes at 100% throttle from 3K to limiter. They don't show you how much quicker the bike gets there or (they can if you show that graph, and it's done right, so as not to HELP one run over the other) and punch out of corners etc. Believe it or not, there is a difference in not only overall h.p, but with punch out of corners, etc. But to compare 165 and 166, it has to be same bike, before and after runs on each system etc to be valid, otherwise you're wasting your time

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you are only putting an exhaust on and not doing any engine work any of the systems will make good horsepower but the Akra system will support more horsepower when major engine work has been done. The Micron and Arata systems make good horsepower if they are on a stock street bike but they dont seem to make as much power on modified bikes.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sczx10r said:
ok sorry but i dont have dyno charts to show you but heres what i have Micron vs acro. first 99percent of factory dyno charts are fugged. so dont believe the hype. ok so on. I was at the shop and 2 zx10s came in. well 1 got the full micro system the other was the acro. {I was about to buy a acro} The micro beat it....?!?!?! by 3 hp but acro is the shit isnt it....? the micron beat it within an hour now temp change or nothing, I was sooo Impressed i dropped almost $1200 for the micron and never looked back. now the cool part about micron. you can pick your flavor in color.

first off you can't compare different gains on different bikes even if it is the same day.

secondly what were the actual power gains on each bike independently from stock?? that would be a more accurate teller BUT if there is variance in horsepower from bike to bike from the factory the bikes will also respond differently from different pipes..so it's really tough to see the actual difference without the testing being done on the same bike/same day same condtions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am running a TiForce full Ti system and I love it. 14hp gain with the system(exhaust and PC3USB) and a custom map. Those gains are in the upper level of what I am seeing in my area. Most full systems are producing around 10hp some more and some less. To me, it all comes down to value and performance. I got both with the TiForce. The performance is there and the quality is as good as anything else you can get.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
madav8tr said:
I am running a TiForce full Ti system and I love it. 14hp gain with the system(exhaust and PC3USB) and a custom map. Those gains are in the upper level of what I am seeing in my area. Most full systems are producing around 10hp some more and some less. To me, it all comes down to value and performance. I got both with the TiForce. The performance is there and the quality is as good as anything else you can get.
I had a ti-force at one time on my busa and it was a decent pipe. nice welds for sure. I seen nice gains as well but not 14 horse..

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ti-Force & Arata are both manufactured in the same facility in Japan with the same machines and employees however the one diff could be each one is produced to specific specs.

BD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stretchy said:
If you are only putting an exhaust on and not doing any engine work any of the systems will make good horsepower but the Akra system will support more horsepower when major engine work has been done. The Micron and Arata systems make good horsepower if they are on a stock street bike but they dont seem to make as much power on modified bikes.

Hello,can you tell me how you say the Akra system will support more horsepower ?and for you what 's the major engine work?

Yvan
:cool:

·
Registered
335 Posts
When i say major engine work i mean higher compression ratio, ported head, cams etc. Akra develop there systems for race teams so they are designed for a bike with a higher state of tune. Examples of this are the Team Eckl world superbike ZX7RRs where they changed system design as engine development increased. Some of the other exhaust manufactures develop there systems off stock road bikes and that is why they make more horsepower if that is the only change you make. It is the same principle as on a car, if you put too big a system on a stock engine you lose power but if you have enough engine the sytem will work. It all comes down to the exhaust scavenging effect on the engine.Akra and Arrow systems is all you will see in world superbikes on the four cylinder bikes.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What are the different i.d. of the head pipes on akra vs. muzzy? How long are the head pipes before they go into the Y collector? I.d. of the Y collector entering the next Y collector? Length of the Y collectors? Just want to do a little comparo.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
just found out yesterday. did you know that the dyno charts you see on companies web sites are done over seas? ok in uk the bikes have cat's. no not like the show. anyway then they remove the cat the can and a new pipe spray cold air in the ram air and produce dyno charts.... wtf and this is what we bet our money on????? that is why i got the micron I saw the dyno run with my own peepers. micro beats akro.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts