Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok let me start off by saying i love my 10 as i think everybody on this site . and i am taking comfort out as its a sportbike and none are really made for comfort . but just wondering what would you like the 10 to come from the factory different . i know for me its mainly three things , for one i would like a sperate tac and speedo i personally think the tac is hard to read at a glance in real riding situations , two a gas guage just because i am paranoid like that , and for three a bigger tank cause as anybody that owns a 10 , especially if its geared , you spend alot of time pumping gas and planning routes that have alot of gas stations . it is a running joke with the guys i ride with that i end every sentence with and i need gas .

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Other than the stock crappy looking can I really don't have an issue with the bike. As long as I can keep 600 rwhp Supras in my rearview mirrors all is good.

·
Cross-Eyed Cat
339 Posts
I have nicknamed my '09 the "CROSS-EYED CAT", beacuse of the headlights. I think that would be the 1st change for me...other than that, I'd go with ellis976 on the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Better suspension, removable CAT's like 2nd gens... other than that everything else is pretty much open for personal mods. But a better base suspension would be great, like the BPF on the 6r.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'd rather have a side mount exhaust like the Gen 1's and 3's (for cheaper slipons), a real steering damper instead of this neutered one that came with my bike, and a factory gear indicator.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i would say a gear indicator, and i dont understand the fuel light it comes on to quick... other then that i think the 2nd gens are beautiful bikes and i love the 2 exhaust pipes under the tail

·
Registered
531 Posts
Gen3 the fender... I know alot has to due with European regulations but the damn thing is a bitch to get off!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Fuel gauge for sure, hid lights stock, other than that I like all the aftermarket stuff, it sets one anothers bikes apart. But I wouldn't mind 20-30 more hp.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Gen3 the fender... I know alot has to due with European regulations but the damn thing is a bitch to get off!!!
The rear fender? Cut the stock wires and add quick disconnects where you can easily reach, then it's just 4 bolts. Then you could get the whole thing off without popping the side panel on the tail.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
3 things I'd change on the 2nd Gen

1 - brakes
2 - better stock tires
3 - a REAL rear hugger instead of that useless piece of plastic

Other than that, there's nothing left other than mods to fit the rider's personality, mood and riding style. It's a great blank slate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts