Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it in the water? Are today's women breeding a weaker generation? What happened to an ass beating when you fucked up? Being in fear when your old man was in the same area as you? Using the words "yes sir, no sir Yes ma'am, no ma'am? What happened to being respectful and/or respecting yourself? what happened to settling issues with your fist instead of a knife, gun or getting jumped? I am only 29 years old, moved out of the house at 18 served 6 years in the Marine corps, have a career in management on the Railroad, I have bought my own house, cars and motorcycles and its sickening watching "My Generation" walk around with no dreams, babies, in debt up to their ears and talking about how everyone ows them something, "I DONT OWE YOU SHIT" These kids driving around in their escalades on dub deuces paying for a bag of chips with their access cards, Really? Guy's that walk around with thier hands in their pockets and their popped collar pink polo's. My generation wouldnt know how to survive 3 weeks without the luxury's we have today and This is the generation that is leading the next and what ive said above isnt even the start of the issues with this generation. My rant is over

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
plain and simple its the lack of discipline. Society has been designed to destroy the family structure. The world is over, there are to many idiot that do not want to learn enjoy the ride and stay safe. I'm 24 btw.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plain and simple its the lack of discipline. Society has been designed to destroy the family structure. The world is over, there are to many idiot that do not want to learn enjoy the ride and stay safe. I'm 24 btw.
Well Said

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know I know, todays kids are plain and simple SOFT. God help us all

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I know, todays kids are plain and simple SOFT. God help us all
Soft is a good word, Weak would be another...... It's crazy to watch these guy's walk around wearing what they're wearing. Its almost like their GF's dress them up and may as well put make-up on them. Luckily my girl likes a man and not a boy cause theres no way I would put up with that shit for some ass. I went to the county fair a few days ago and watched two kids in their mid 20's square off. They literally cussed each other for 5 or more minutes before starting to take off their 4 shirts, chains, watches etc. Once they got that out of the way the security was there to break it up. I laughed the entire time thinking these guys were just waiting for someone to break up their little spat because both were actually scared to fight each other, I mean as a retired proffesional fighter I would take every opurtunity to back down from a street fight but these guy's were just pathetic.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The American dream

Past: If I work hard, I might be successfull.

Present: I'm owed to live as though I'm successfull.

Unless something changes in a significant way, the America of our forefathers, the place immigrants have died trying to get to, will be just a chapter in th history books.

·
Registered
378 Posts
In my neighborhood I stay up on the gossip and such but its so funny to see them all play thug, do crimes, get caught, tell on each other, then they all go to jail. So stupid. I dont understand how everyone wants to be Tony Montana and rappers. Everyone cant be a rapper.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The American dream

Past: If I work hard, I might be successfull.

Present: I'm owed to live as though I'm successfull.

Unless something changes in a significant way, the America of our forefathers, the place immigrants have died trying to get to, will be just a chapter in th history books.
Sadly the only way its going to get better is if something catostrophic happens.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my neighborhood I stay up on the gossip and such but its so funny to see them all play thug, do crimes, get caught, tell on each other, then they all go to jail. So stupid. I dont understand how everyone wants to be Tony Montana and rappers. Everyone cant be a rapper.

haha, thats some funny shit

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's interesting to hear a younger guy's take on the Millennial Generation. Having come from the military, I do think you're an exception to many of the rules that seem to govern the behavior of people your age. Military guys usually seem to have their shit squared away in a way that civilians can seldom achieve.

I'm 38 years old, and am somewhat surprised at how 'soft' some of the kids seem to be. I hear grown men talking like high school girls (going on and on about every thought and emotion that comes into their heads, the overreaction to everything, etc.). I don't necessarily think that's the end of the world, but I wonder when they will get some of the toughness, independence, and resourcefulness which used to be normally associated with being a man. I suspect when they have a family and real life comes crashing in, they will have to grow up pretty fast.

As for the hiphop ghetto badass act, they will eventually outgrow that as they get older I think. Hopefully they don't do too much damage to their lives before they do.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's interesting to hear a younger guy's take on the Millennial Generation. Having come from the military, I do think you're an exception to many of the rules that seem to govern the behavior of people your age. Military guys usually seem to have their shit squared away in a way that civilians can seldom achieve.

I'm 38 years old, and am somewhat surprised at how 'soft' some of the kids seem to be. I hear grown men talking like high school girls (going on and on about every thought and emotion that comes into their heads, the overreaction to everything, etc.). I don't necessarily think that's the end of the world, but I wonder when they will get some of the toughness, independence, and resourcefulness which used to be normally associated with being a man. I suspect when they have a family and real life comes crashing in, they will have to grow up pretty fast.

As for the hiphop ghetto badass act, they will eventually outgrow that as they get older I think. Hopefully they don't do too much damage to their lives before they do.

The military did play a big role but the major role is I grew up scared to death of my father, He's a navy seal and he made damn sure I knew it. growing up I hated that man but strangly enough call him every chance I get now just to tell him thank you and yes I still call him "Sir". As far as toughness, independence and resourcefulness in a "guy" today its rare, I see alot of "guys" mooching off their girls which baffels me that women actually put up with that shit. Granted, women today can take care of themselves and have a lot of control but its the man's job to be the protector and provider and half these guy's cant even protect or provide for themselves and its disgusting.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent post... I'm 30, have my own home and a 4 year old son. My son has more manners then most grown adults that we encounter and thats sad.... I'm old school and society may be changing but I'm gonna make sure the man that I passed my name onto carries on those same values I was raised with. Yes sir, no sir, yes mam, no mam, may I and thank you are a must. I've only had to spank him twice and even though I almost wanted to cry that night going to sleep thinking about it, I knew as a father that was my job, my belief, how my father had it and a necessity. Good thing is it only takes a few then after that just the threat and thought of it keeps things in line. I completely understand where your coming from. I deal with the public 6 days out of the week with my job and to keep me sane I worry about what I can control and the rest let the good lord take care of....

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
That's a great minority of "kids" that you're describing. The "kids these days" theme has been around since people started having kids... Nothing new. :smile:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a great minority of "kids" that you're describing. The "kids these days" theme has been around since people started having kids... Nothing new. :smile:
so there is no difference between this generation and the baby boomer generation?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Each generation is different, but the "old" have always been complaining about the "young".
I am not complaining by no means just expressing my view on 'MY" generation. Take it as an overall observation on my own personal opinion on how I view my own generation.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts