Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man that looks mighty dangerous.

Rear views folded in? Lane splitting with cars darting all over the place?

Seems like you are on a ticking time bomb.

Lane splitting is not legal where I live so it just looks very intimidating. Also I'd never ride on public streets without my rear view mirrors, I use them too much.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Siwa that just did my head in!Sydney cbd traffic is much more hectic than Melbourne cbd!and yes Ive driven in both!its like every drivers partener has just given them a phone call saying thier bent over waiting for them at home!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well the music totally made the video, and it put a smile on my face!

So was all of that legal on the road way? If so that looks like a interesting ride to work everyday, exhilarating in a whole different way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I followed that in my head too, lol. There are many roads in Sydney like that during peak :sad:
So was all of that legal on the road way? If so that looks like a interesting ride to work everyday, exhilarating in a whole different way.
Lane splitting was illegal here until only recently. The rules are a bit restrictive but most of us used to filter anyway when it was illegal so it's better than before. My experience has been less cars try and cut you off now that its legal.

If you interested how our lane splitting rules compare to elsewhere here's some official info....
Lane filtering - Motorcyclists - Staying safe - NSW Centre for Road Safety

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Lane splitting is not legal where I live so it just looks very intimidating. Also I'd never ride on public streets without my rear view mirrors, I use them too much.

Won't fit through a lot of gaps with the mirrors out mate. In this sort of traffic, the mirrors don't really do a lot for you since you're generally moving faster than the flow, so there isn't much creeping up on you.

Been doing this twice a day, 5 days a week for years now. I've never come off, crashed, or dropped a bike. So yeah I agree with the time bomb hahaha. I've banked enough points to make my first crash a bloody big one!
Hopefully there's explosions involved. Better footage.

Well the music totally made the video, and it put a smile on my face!

:D I love this song. It's by a guy called D1ofAquavibe.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqVYFDG65EHJtZWUqfvtapw

And yeah filtering is legal here. I wouldn't say all of it was legal. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Not like anyone's going to catch you in that traffic lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts