Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone is interested you can buy a 6 point 27mm deep socket at Autozone for $7.99 not a bad investment was harder getting the cover off than changing the sprocket

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
hangman39 said:
If anyone is interested you can buy a 6 point 27mm deep socket at Autozone for $7.99 not a bad investment was harder getting the cover off than changing the sprocket
and u better rent a impact gun while you in there ......unless your jay cutler or something:lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
You have to keep that socket square on the nut as well. The first socket I used was not deep enough and it rounded off the nut, only option left was a chisel and a new nut. Dont forget to straighten out the lock washer first, that could be a rookie mistake.

·
Registered
885 Posts
coach said:
You have to keep that socket square on the nut as well. The first socket I used was not deep enough and it rounded off the nut, only option left was a chisel and a new nut. Dont forget to straighten out the lock washer first, that could be a rookie mistake.
Sears Bolt-Out would have gotten that nut off for you.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to go to harbor freight but it is about 25 miles away and would have had to take the car Autozone 1 mile took bike plan on going to Harbor Freight soon though to get other tools one of my favorite stores could spend a whole paycheck in there no problem

·
Registered
89 Posts
treyzx10r said:
i got a whole set of deep metric impact sockets for under 20 bucks at harbor freight
:+1: That's what I have and I love them. I use them a lot and have nothing but good to say about them.

Edit: Actually I rounded off the nut myself. Then I bought the Harbor Freight sockets and it came off no problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts