Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as I got a great deal on a set the rear is 195.70.17 and the front is 120.70.17 the are Dunlop KR106's I've also heard good thing about the intec made by Dunlop. I'm thinking the 70's are going to allow the bike to fall into the corner better.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
the 195/70 will fit the 6" rim but alter the steering characteristics noticably so if its your first time trying one i don't recommend it as geometry setup ie rake & trail is a very important key to using these diesel truck tires.

BD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Like BD said, that big a tire will need big changes in suspension setup and geometry to work "right" compared to the stock tire size. The new N-Tec is a great tire and the latest comes in a 190/55 so you won't need much, if any, change to the suspension.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
No typo I'll give it a run I'm not racing just track day at Thill .
Wow...be careful with that tall of a tire on back...tell us how it goes too, I think it'll be interesting to hear.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I race on 205/60 125/60. Drastic suspension changes must happen. The 205-60 is the same diameter as the 195-70. I had to extend the front forks by 10mm.

·
Registered
186 Posts
:hello:i've tried this pair in the past once,,but no thanks..there is a noticable faster turn in sensation from the front,shitty fullbrake sensation(bike waving TOO much),as for the rear i got a 2inch hole to the plastic rear wheel fender.the whole set up had to be changed('cause of HARD tyre frames and heights)and the last thing is they get burned after 1 or 2 trackdays..so no reason to prefer it from DIABLO'S SUPERBIKE or METZ.RACETEC'S:cool:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
190/55 Here. If its the guy is on BARF his real name is Dave. He's a pretty stand up guy. I was going to buy those but noticed they were 195/70 and that was going to be an issue.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Different guy then. This guy is down in Fremont. But no I won't be at THill. I will be in Reno on the 21-22 with PTT. Its $200 for the whole weekend couldn't pass that deal up. I'm with 3 other friends and possibly a 4th. We have hotel stay setup already.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I mean that you´ll have to change sprockets since a gross calculation shows that the 195/70 has 7.8% larger perimeter than that of the 190/50, thus considerably affecting your actual gearing
So that means more low end ? I do almost all track days not concerned with the speedo I thought with the 190/55 it was neutral and I was hoping that the bigger tire would help it turn in better like adding a shim to the rear or dropping the forks does that sound right ? I also went 1 tooth down ion the front pulling My rear tire back a little bit.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Different guy then. This guy is down in Fremont. But no I won't be at THill. I will be in Reno on the 21-22 with PTT. Its $200 for the whole weekend couldn't pass that deal up. I'm with 3 other friends and possibly a 4th. We have hotel stay setup already.
Are you staying in ferntucky or reno?? if reno then stop in Sat night at Fitzgeralds and holla @ me and just maybe i'll buy ya loons a brew. :cool:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
So that means more low end ? I do almost all track days not concerned with the speedo I thought with the 190/55 it was neutral and I was hoping that the bigger tire would help it turn in better like adding a shim to the rear or dropping the forks does that sound right ? I also went 1 tooth down on the front pulling my rear tire back a little bit.
Your mixing things up here a bit.

The taller tire will slow the speedo / bike down as though you geared it for more top end but with the 16t that should negate the change.

Yes the taller tire will have the same effect as shimming or extending a shock at the rear but using a 55 series is 1 thing however a 70 series is yet another dimension entirely so BE CAREFUL at first.

BD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts