Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first outting to a 1/8' dragstrip was interesting. My bike has a S/O , -2 front sprocket, and a mapped power commander. I have a real bad problems with wheelies so I strapped the front. When I took off above 4,000 the tire went airborne so getting to full throttle before 330' was nearly impossible. I managed some 6.90's w/ 1.8's 60' and rarely went slower than 116 mph. My question is, If I get a good launch and get to full throttle without the wheelie problem what should this bike run in the 1/8 with speeds ranging from 116 to 118 mph? Also what would it take to run 123mph in the 1/8?

·
Registered
448 Posts
To get 123 ??? Oh how do they say it... :idea: SEAT TIME!!! :thumbsup:
:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
(nice mph. for mods though :ayyy:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:+1: :thumbsup:

When I first got my 04 10R, I had it setup exactly like yours and my best was 6.1's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

We have a Drag & Brag held a couple times a year @ English MNT dragway in Newport TN. For $15 you can run as many times that you want during test & tune which last for atleast 2 hours. I made around 15 to 20 passes before I got a freak of nature timeslip. I have timeslips to back up my claims and there is 1 weird timeslip that says 7.2 @ 123+ mph. I will post it first thing tomorrow morning. I was asleep at the tree and was spinning in 1st gear and 2nd hooked but stayed on the ground which was rare for this bike. Before anybody goes knocking me calling me a lair give me a chance to post a picture of my timeslip tomorrow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 weird timeslip

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It's possible the mph box may be happy in that lane or fluke run,:dontknow: did you run anymore that night in that lane?

I've had a 1/8 time slip with 8xx mph before.:smile:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's possible the mph box may be happy in that lane or fluke run,:dontknow: did you run anymore that night in that lane?

Most of my fastest runs were in that lane with speeds running up to 118. Tell me if this is true. When you get a good launch and low 60ft your time will be quicker and mph will be slower but if you come out of the hole spinning most of the time your e.t. is slower and mph is higher. Have you ever had this happen? I was leaving at near idle so the bike wouldn't wheelie. It is capable of running quicker than what I did.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Most of my fastest runs were in that lane with speeds running up to 118. Tell me if this is true. When you get a good launch and low 60ft your time will be quicker and mph will be slower but if you come out of the hole spinning most of the time your e.t. is slower and mph is higher. Have you ever had this happen? I was leaving at near idle so the bike wouldn't wheelie. It is capable of running quicker than what I did.
Yes, it usually happens like that. When I was going 6.1's on my 04 with about the same setup as you I was trapping 118-119.

Yes, it is capable of quicker times, but if your want to do it on stock wheelbase it is gonna take lots of SEAT TIME. Believe me:thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts

:+1: 6.4s at 114-115 Air ususally sucks and tracks not really prepped very good though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1/8 mile is for pussies...:spit:
Closest tracks are all 1/8. Nearest 1/4 mile track is Bristol about 2 to 3hrs away from me. Unless I took a day off from work there is no way that I can get to that track before it closes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts