Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
looking at my slips from last friday, my best 1/4 was 10.506 @ 138.49mph the 1/8th mile for that same run was 7.015 @112 mph and my 60ft was 1.876

bike is all stock

·
Registered
448 Posts
:werd: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
and by the way, 2 down 4 up would be sooooo much fun for wheelies :eek:ccasion1
but yea, 6.0's? Takes a tad more than gearing to do such.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
sprockets only 2 down 4 up

6.0's at 117 in a 1/8

169 lb rider
:bs: It has to be extended. Believe me there is no way you would keep a SWB bike down with that gearing. Time slip needed and we will continue with this thread, until then :bs:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
most liter back at the strip run low 6.9-7.1 or so being stock anyway....the pic below is probally the fastet at the track (MAM) and i think the fastest i have ever seen him run is 6.05 and he is bottled up,with tons of stuff done it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
most liter back at the strip run low 6.9-7.1 or so being stock anyway....the pic below is probally the fastet at the track (MAM) and i think the fastest i have ever seen him run is 6.05 and he is bottled up,with tons of stuff done it
I hope your talking about the stock length busa. Ive been high 5.70's on my 10 with no spray

·
Registered
26 Posts
hccaamps,

That guy on the zx-14 was running 6.05s @ 123mph last friday at MAM with no bottle. It was during the bracket races, and guess who got to line up against him his first pass. Yeah, I lost.

I had my 10 out there for the first time that night. It has an Akro slip-on with a PC and TRE. My best time was 7.38 @ 110.8. Yeah I know, that is pretty weak, but I didn't want to burn up my clutch so my launches were bad. They weren't really launches, more like taking off from a stop light:dontknow: The 60's were usually in the 2.1-2.2 range.

It was fun though and I think next time i go I'll push her a little harder off the line.

·
Registered
448 Posts
hccaamps,

That guy on the zx-14 was running 6.05s @ 123mph last friday at MAM with no bottle. It was during the bracket races, and guess who got to line up against him his first pass. Yeah, I lost.

I had my 10 out there for the first time that night. It has an Akro slip-on with a PC and TRE. My best time was 7.38 @ 110.8. Yeah I know, that is pretty weak, but I didn't want to burn up my clutch so my launches were bad. They weren't really launches, more like taking off from a stop light:dontknow: The 60's were usually in the 2.1-2.2 range.

It was fun though and I think next time i go I'll push her a little harder off the line.
You would be very surprised at how many 1.6_ 60 foot passes any of these modern super sport clutches will take. And the ZX10 has one of the bigger and stronger clutch packs when compared to the other 3.

:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
You would be very surprised at how many 1.6_ 60 foot passes any of these modern super sport clutches will take. And the ZX10 has one of the bigger and stronger clutch packs when compared to the other 3.

:eek:ccasion1 :eek:ccasion1
:+1: Just keep them oiled and let'em cool between passes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ruthless racing, how many passed have you put on a stock clutch? ive got about 32 on mine now, with no problems at all (knock on wood) lol but then i only get 1.8 60 foots, what do u mean by keep them oiled, do u meant tilt the bike before making your pass? sorry if its a stupid question?

·
Banned
319 Posts
hccaamps,

if you had the green 10 with the 04/05 then i remember you...7.2 was the best i was able to do off of about 8 passes but i cant launch for crap and im 310lb's....i havent really seen the star city bike up close(zx-14) but i thought it was bottled up? guess not......vince10r (I hope your talking about the stock length busa. Ive been high 5.70's on my 10 with no spray)....my hatt goes off to you for running those #'s good job

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
ruthless racing, how many passed have you put on a stock clutch? ive got about 32 on mine now, with no problems at all (knock on wood) lol but then i only get 1.8 60 foots, what do u mean by keep them oiled, do u meant tilt the bike before making your pass? sorry if its a stupid question?
I think I put around 80 or so passes on my 04 10R clutch, but I would pull it out and soak it before a race w/e.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
wow that is amazing 80 passes!!! how about on the gsxr? i have the same bike as you, ive heard on some forums that the clutch on our new gsxr are weak? i think its B.S. what do u think?
I still have the original clutch, but I have been rotating it out with a newer clutch just so I can have a freshly oiled one when I qualify. I haven't had one problem out of mine. Best 60FT with the K7 on SWB 1.52. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts