Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Start at 5,000 and work your way up. I was launching mine at 7500 when it was swb.

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
start low at like 3k and work your way up, you can get more aggressive at lower rpms and get out of the hole better and do less wear on the clutch. I launch at 6k and slip the clutch little more, also my bike is lowered and straped which helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
a good place to start is between 5-6k rpm. also do you have the front end strap ? if not get a strap it helps keep the front end down.

·
Registered
842 Posts
a front end strap will SAVE YOUR LIFE LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the input! I'm going in the morning. High of 68 degrees, bikes gonna run like a beast! It's not strapped, nor do I have lowering links. I'm gonna start at 3,000
I'd rather not go " too" crazy. That way I can get more aggressive on the throttle, than worry about riding out a 12 o'clock wheelie!! Lol
I'll keep this posted

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input! I'm going in the morning. High of 68 degrees, bikes gonna run like a beast! It's not strapped, nor do I have lowering links. I'm gonna start at 3,000
I'd rather not go " too" crazy. That way I can get more aggressive on the throttle, than worry about riding out a 12 o'clock wheelie!! Lol
I'll keep this posted

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
3000 is to low...practice going full throttle from the start at 4k-5k by pulling in not letting out the clutch while you try...again try to go Full throttle quick..it can be scary on a light short wheelbase 1000 with alot of HP......but remember that monster that want's to bump you off has a off switch and that is called a clutch..pull the clutch in and all that HP is held back...not that simple but hope you get the idea and you will...you control how much HP to the wheel by how much you let the lever out or in...it goes fast and that's the practice part but over time you will get it. :wink: ...longer bikes don't worry about this so much as SWB all things being equal. :wink:

PS...I tell this to my 12yr old son on his first manual clutch dirt bike this as well it's the same principle. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'd say start somewhere around 5-6k, I went all the way up to 9500 and backed down to about 8k at the end of running my bike swb.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm leaving around 7k, on a 08 swb best time so far [email protected] Just picked up a Riflemans 1/5th and strap, hoping to head back to the track tomorrow for better results. Like everyone has said the quicker you can get to WOT the better and let the clutch handle the power on the launch.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Possibly a stupid question however does the riflemans help while at the strip? I was thinking that yes, you get better acceleration but is this not negated with by having a lack of control?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Possibly a stupid question however does the riflemans help while at the strip? I was thinking that yes, you get better acceleration but is this not negated with by having a lack of control?
You have to develop a clutch hand! Life BG said WOT as soon as possible and let the clutch do the work

·
Registered
901 Posts
Isn't that making the clutch HATE its life though?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
It really has helped me. I can hit WOT waaaay easier so Im into the throttle sooner and not having to put my hand real high on the throttle or put my elbow on the groud for it.

You have to develop a clutch hand! Life BG said WOT as soon as possible and let the clutch do the work
:+1: Im still working on my hand big time.

Its the price you pay to go fast. If you wanna run as fast as possible swb, your clutch is gonna take a beating..
:+1: You have to slip the clutch a loooot when youre SWB, especially if you dont go lowered or strapped or anything. I know from personal experience of having not done any of those things, but still dragging my Gen1 SWB.

Reactions: aussiezx10r

·
Registered
250 Posts
It really has helped me. I can hit WOT waaaay easier so Im into the throttle sooner and not having to put my hand real high on the throttle or put my elbow on the groud for it.
Thanks. All I have to do now is pull my finger out and fit it.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts