Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04/05 and I'm looking for a racing body kit. All I can find is unpainted attack, hot bodies, and bullshit from hong kong on ebay...How much did you spend, where did you buy, brand, etc. Thanks tracking my ten and looking for a race body...Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
heard good things about shark skins... :dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Sharkskins and Attack are probably the best quality, have heard real good things about Armour Bodies as well.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone I was checking out the sharkskins, but for the 10r 1st gen I need a foam pad as a seat...Still would be dropping well over $800... Thanks for all the replies...If anyone knows of anyone who has a full set in good condition let me know...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Attack is really good stuff and worth the money, I hear the same about sharkskins. I bought some hotbodies really cheap and they were not so great. You get what you pay for....

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I own Sharkskins...I think Attack is a little better but either one would be good.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
E-Racings is inexpensive and decent stuff. I think theyre currently selling it under a different name though... Its not flawless out of the box, but for a track bike that isnt a huge priority IMO

I bought a set of sharkskinz street fairings too, the quality is really nice but it is thinner and cost me twice as much.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'm going to tell you I went with a hotbodies full race setup once and only once. First off they didnt even fit at all, it was more in the sense of I had to make them fit!!! Yes it looked like my bike but just didnt line up at all. I learned from my mistake and wont buy another freaking thing from hotbodies bs racing team, go with sharkskins there nice, heck mine I got had pre-drilled holes...

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you've got 700 to spend, Catalyst Composites or Sharkskinz.

Paint them well.

Look at it this way - it's not how much they cost initially, but if they can be repaired after a crash. Catalyst, Attack, Sharkskinz, a few others usually can. Many others will shatter. Also, the premium ones FIT, and fit without fighting them for hours every time you put them on (and if you actually race, at least once a season you'll pull the uppers. Fighting with the lowers every time you change oil or go to Tech loses it's appeal fast).

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I went with Attack and was very pleased with the quality and the fit:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think 800$ for fiberglass is toooo much... if you want to pay so much, look on ebay... yesterday I saw a carbon complete fairing for about 800$ ;)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
This might be an odd question but what manufacturer of racing body kits make the smallest superbike tail for an 04-05 ZX10R. I ask this because there appears to be a slight difference in the tail between manufacturers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think 800$ for fiberglass is toooo much... if you want to pay so much, look on ebay... yesterday I saw a carbon complete fairing for about 800$ ;)
Yeah?

Mine are Catalysts, crashed and repaired three times.

Here's a photo set. Your $300 (or whatever) set gonna look that good after two lowsides and one highside?

AND

For the OP, note mine use the OE seat.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts