Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i want to see what other mods you guys can come up with. i have a nos, air shifter,sprockets and chain,fuel mix controll,lowered,and ss rear brake line.the bike is built for drag racing. thanks here are some newer pics.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
eric said:
i want to see what other mods you guys can come up with. i have a nos, air shifter,sprockets and chain,fuel mix controll,lowered,and ss rear brake line.the bike is built for drag racing. thanks here are some newer pics.

your teasing right? You have more mods than most, lucky bastid. :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bluedevil said:
your teasing right? You have more mods than most, lucky bastid. :heyyou:
no, i love working on my bike during the winter so i need some kind of mod or two do. :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
eric said:
no, i love working on my bike during the winter so i need some kind of mod or two do. :dontknow:
With NOS, you have already most of the performance equivelents. Any specific catagory of mods your thinking about? You might get more responses if more specific because your setup is already bad ass.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluedevil said:
With NOS, you have already most of the performance equivelents. Any specific catagory of mods your thinking about? You might get more responses if more specific because your setup is already bad ass.
maybe a performance head if its out there.cams maybe but i dont know how they perform. im looking to get in the 8 seconds on the track so im seeing what else would help do this.i haven't been to the track yet.i just got into drag racing this year so im sort of new to it.i have done alot of street racing but its not the same as the track.i want to start going do the track on the weekends. im waiting to get this thing on the dyno and get it tuned before i go. im looking at fall or spring of next year.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Moved to performance... and man that thing ought to perform alright. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
eric said:
maybe a performance head if its out there.cams maybe but i dont know how they perform. im looking to get in the 8 seconds on the track so im seeing what else would help do this.i haven't been to the track yet.i just got into drag racing this year so im sort of new to it.i have done alot of street racing but its not the same as the track.i want to start going do the track on the weekends. im waiting to get this thing on the dyno and get it tuned before i go. im looking at fall or spring of next year.
dude you need to get that monster to the track before fall or spring. I wish I had that setup and after many lauches then you should be able to decide if you need further mods. Do you have a track close by? If not trailer and go, you don't have to worry like the rest of us on launch. Get your baseline and go from there. Good luck and report back when you do go. :thumbsup:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
a parachute to stop that monster :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
How about some stickers....I hear they add 1 HP each! :mrgreen: :lol:

By the way...that's one badass lookin' 10 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
eric said:

you already have the mods to go 8's..you just have to go there and run it.. seat time is what you need..No amount of money can guarantee you an 8 second pass. Hell I had a 320 horse bike and I barely went eights but I also have a friend that with a stock motored busa with a 40 shot went 8.95
of course I trapped 168-170 and he trapped 156-158 but the times were damn near identical. He could launch his all motor bike better the I could launch the turbo bike.

Anyhow point is you have the equipment now go out and be the rider. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
oh and put a pipe back on that thing. It looks rediculous. :lol:

what is your wheelbase set at?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
busaforhire said:
oh and put a pipe back on that thing. It looks rediculous. :lol:

what is your wheelbase set at?
im going to put the exhaust on.(maybe) can you gain hp without a muffler. :dontknow: i swear my bike is faster with it off it runs great no back firing just instant thottle.i do got a fuel mix controller that i adjusted on my mid range.i smoked a buddies busa pretty bad today without the nos. he was shocked. :eyecrazy: i have about a 6 inch extension on there.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Galfer wave rotors to lighten up the rotating mass, thin head gasket with degreed cams.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Eric: What sprocket setup are you running on your bike? And is what the best sprocket setup as far as running NOS on my bike?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
poptart29620 said:
Eric: What sprocket setup are you running on your bike? And is what the best sprocket setup as far as running NOS on my bike?
right now im running -1 in front and +4 in the rear.i love this set up but it sucks for the highway. just run what ever setup works for you. try different set ups and just choose the one that you think works best.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
IdratherBzx10en said:
Advance the ignition timing. Smallmod you can do yourself. Search this site for a post by Ivan about it.
timing advance + NOS = new motor

1 - 20 of 21 Posts