Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what oil most zx10 owners use. Is a full synthetic too much for the clutch. I know on my zx9, that full synthetic made my clutch slip. I have been using the plain Kawaichem. Good enough for the factory good enough for me is what I assume. Any inputs? I have 10k miles on the bike and thinking of switching to semi or full synthetic.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I ran Royal Purple in my '05.

I currently run Rotella dino oil in my '06. 1 more oil change and I'll switch to Rotella synthetic.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Motul full synth. here.

Have used Mobil 1, Castrol, Redline, and prolly a few others in the past on other bikes.
Didn't like the redline because it just about pluged my pick-up tube filter screen, and leaves a heavy film in the pan.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 MX4T which is now sold as Mobil 1 Racing 4T.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Motul 300v synthetic w/ K&N oil filter. 9,500 miles no problem so far.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Shell Rotella synthetic for 25,000 + with no problems
:+1: I just went to Rotella T Synth and it's like warm butter....I've run it for years in all my bikes without incident.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
:+1: I just went to Rotella T Synth and it's like warm butter....I've run it for years in all my bikes without incident.
:+2: I run it in all of my bikes and have convinced a few friends, 07 gsxr600 and 02 zx 12R to put in in their bikes and they like it too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts