Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hii I have a 2007 ZX10R and I have to put in oil as I changed the stator cover what is the best oil to use?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Many Many threads on this, unless the oil needs changing why are you changing it the gasket on the stator is well above oil level. What oil is readily available in the country you reside? for my its either silkolene 10w 40 race pro or motul 300v. I suggest 100% synthetic as a minimum requirement i find the transmission not so smooth with any semi synthetic! But this is a topic that will spark outrage as its been covered so many times before and people have so many different opinions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud. Yes that seems to be the all round suggested one to use just wanted to make sure, found some at my local shop.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hii I have a 2007 ZX10R and I have to put in oil as I changed the stator cover what is the best oil to use?
Go with whatever oil is the cheapest.

Changing the oil/oil filter often and regularly is more important than what kind of oil you run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
622 Posts
Any oil is good. Just make sure it has a JASO MA rating on the label.

The rating relates approving for motorcycle engines with a wet clutch.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,675 Posts
How could we not start out a new year without one of these "best oil" threads? If that ever actually happens, all the pigs will be flying around and the world will be coming to an end shortly after that. I'm not really sure what's more consistent, an atomic clock or a new best oil thread? They probably sync the atomic clock to when one of these gets posted here. :p

This is the best stuff to use. Just look for the Kawi green labeling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts