Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 10 stock what octane to use for the1/4 mile 87,89,or 92 i know on my Busa i run quicker with the the lower 87 octane is this the same for the Zx 10?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
depends on what your tuned for.. your right tho some bikes like the lower octane.. alot of people think if they just throw in some 100 or 104 race gas itll go faster but not the case..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ran 116 in the bike (zx6r) just because they forgot to charge me entry fee, so i decided i had to get something with that 20. It diffnantly wasnt worth it, 93 pump was much better for my stock engine bike than 116 is.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Rokitman1300 said:
04 10 stock what octane to use for the1/4 mile 87,89,or 92 i know on my Busa i run quicker with the the lower 87 octane is this the same for the Zx 10?
Run the lowest octane as long as it does'nt ping. I've been running 87 on mine for the past 5 months. Run a gallon on your tank if you don't hear no detonations your golden. Don't waste your $$$ and your horsepower trying to run 100+ octane on a stock compression engine.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
i dont believe that 87 octane makes more horse power than 91 or higher but even if it does i wouldnt:headshake put 87 or 89 on my bike for the simple fact that 87 will cause more detonation and more chances to blow up my motor i always use 91 or higher octane not to make more horse power but to make my motor run more safe!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
madnessracing said:
i dont believe that 87 octane makes more horse power than 91 or higher but even if it does i wouldnt:headshake put 87 or 89 on my bike for the simple fact that 87 will cause more detonation and more chances to blow up my motor i always use 91 or higher octane not to make more horse power but to make my motor run more safe!!
:+1:

I run Sunoco 104 octane race fuel in my 05zx6rr for safety reasons. My bike's compression is 13.9:1 and just got done replacing head gaskets and don't want to repeat it anytime soon. I did have to tune my PC3 to work with the fuel because the sunoco has a higher alcohol content and tends to run lean. I tweaked the PC3 and increased 3 MPH in the 1/4. I only run it at the strip so a gallon lasts me like a month. It is cheap insurance against engine failure IMO. Eventually, I want to run VP U4 eventually but, have 1/2 a drum of the sunoco to finish off first.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts