Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what others are getting on their 10s and what might be expected.

With my setup, recent trip up the foothills (flats & twisties) I averaged 23.4 mpg. Not racing or tapping into the power range, but on the throttle quite a bit in the torque ranges.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
just commuting 30mi one way to work. all highway I was getting 32ish. With full Leo system and pc3 I am getting 40. I am running the akra map. the leo map that came with the software was a little lean and was making me nervious. It was getting 45mpg but didn't pull hard on the top end and I was afraid of being too lean up top. You can't hear the detonation at full song.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you guys kidding me i'm getting like 43 to 46 around town and the best i've got is 54mpg and I don't ride like a little old lady I love the way my bike sound at 9 grand

·
Registered
945 Posts
Im getting about 25 mpg most of the time. Gen 2, Power Comm, Yoshi slip ons, K&N air filter and a few other add on.. Im not to concerned about the mileage but that blinking "Fuel" "Fuel" "Fuel" on my speedo does seem to come on often. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
new 09, 35 mpg mix; 60/40 hwy/city

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm running an 04 with -1, +2 and get about 33 avg - a lot of which is in town. IIRC - I get about 38 on the highway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I average in the area of 37-40mpg. I am running an '05 with -1/+2 and a PC3 with Two Brothers Slip-on. I usually see that Fuel light kick on around 140-150 miles.

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Seems like 2nd time in a week this was asked.

Totally depends on the ride so asking random folk won't clue you too much. 20-50 seems to be a good range :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm I go through a full tank and a half at a trackday at Thunderhill which is a 3.0 Mile course. 2005 ZX10R tank holds 4.5 gallons. I average 6 laps a session and there are 7 sessions in a day. So I do 42 laps wich comes out to 126 miles. I go through about 6.5 gallons so I get about 19-20mpg on VP u4.2. On pump when I was street the 10R I was getting about 35mpg commuting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I roughly get 35 through town and freeways. Level one pipe and pcIII with the LOR map.

·
Registered
45 Posts
32mpg with mixed riding to and from work. But I got 38mpg cruising at 75mph on a recent road trip. I was telling a friend of mine about the kind of fuel milage that I get around town, and he asked "Is it any better if you take it easy?" I thought for a second and answered, "I don't know, I've never tried."

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I'm sorry but I didn't buy a liter bike to save gas, or was there a moped edition that I'm not aware of?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts